Handle quality issues (am I crazy)

OP, how long have you had your bag? If you do a search in these forums you'll see that many have issues with the DE leather portion of their bags, anywhere from peeling to chips to bad stitching.
If you're within the window for an exchange I'd advise you to do so because it doesn't sound like you'll ever be pleased with this bag......sorry, but clearly many others are in the same boat.
Personally I don't care for the "treated" leather on these bags because to me it looks very "plastic" which detracts from the lovely DE canvas print......my personal opinion only!

OP, how long have you had your bag? If you do a search in these forums you'll see that many have issues with the DE leather portion of their bags, anywhere from peeling to chips to bad stitching.
If you're within the window for an exchange I'd advise you to do so because it doesn't sound like you'll ever be pleased with this bag......sorry, but clearly many others are in the same boat.
Personally I don't care for the "treated" leather on these bags because to me it looks very "plastic" which detracts from the lovely DE canvas print......my personal opinion only!
My thoughts exactly.