Handle Glaze Color Transfer

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys!

I have this old Kate Spade bag. It's bright yellow. I took it out to use it and noticed that the red glazing on the handles kind of melted and stuck to the bag body. I used white eraser and rubbed most off but was wondering if there is something else I can do to prevent it from happening again?

Here is the bag:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460519959.302751.jpg

And here are the handle backs so you can see the dark red glaze:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460519995.735840.jpg

And here is the bag body that is stained red (check in front of where my nails point). It was very bad before I took a white eraser to town on it. It's better now and negligible but I'm worried it will happen again and be harder to save:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460520065.078524.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460520087.462096.jpg

2. Close up of remaining stain under brighter light:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460520323.026054.jpg

There is a lot of glazing in the bag (top handles, shoulder strap, even the tassel in the front zip is held together by thick red glaze). What can I do? Should I paint clear nail polish over the glaze to seal it or is that silly?

3. DEAR MOD OR ADMIN -- I don't know how to get any of your attention but perhaps this can be moved to the Handbag Care and Maintenance thread??? Maybe someone there can help me? Do I simply re-post this on there? I have been waiting for someone to chime in here on the KS forum but no luck. I would like some tips on how to address this melting glaze issue. Thanks!

4. Hi!
    You can report your post in the future to get our attention :smile:

I'll move it for you since we don't allow duplicate threads.

Good luck! :welcome:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice