Handle drop on the Howard St. Satchel

ShoreGrl

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
I just received my first Howard St. Satchel in the mail the other day. While I LOVE the bag, I don't care for the handles. I find the drop to be too short and rather uncomfortable. I can carry it comfortably on my hand but to get it onto my wrist is a bit of a challenge. Maybe the leather will loosen up a bit with time? FWIW, my hands/wrist are not big at all!

I'm definitely keeping the bag but I'm wondering if anyoen else had the same experience?

I have the Howard St in the natural snake and I had/am having the same issue. It has loosened up on me the last few weeks so hopefully yours will do the same.

Glad you love the bag!

Yes, I have the black Howard St. and the handles are tight too. I have trouble putting it over my wrists when I have a thick jacket on. I think with wear it'll definitely loosen up a little given the leather is very soft.

It definitely more of a handbag. I can get it to the crook of my arm and that is about it. Ialways have the shoulder strap hanging in case I need it. Mielikki has a good point....no more jackets! Today is officially the first day of Spring! (It was 78 degrees around here today!)

The bag is just too beautiful for me to mind the smaller handles. I don't think it's too different than how I use my LV Speedy. And as Cloud pointed out, there's always the shoulder strap!

Hi again! So, I've been using the strap and I find that it works great. I just can't get used to the handles, they are too short for me. But I love the bag so much I'm willing to overlook that and just use the strap. LOL

Now that it's blue skies and sunny, I've been using my Howard St. Satchel a lot. It has replaced my LV speedy (...until it starts to rain again). I am LOVING it!! The cement color is TDF!!! Ok. I'm going to stop gushing now.