Handicapped Facilities at NYSale at Manhattan Pavillion

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
I will be coming to the H Mega Sale at the Manhattan Pavillion on Thursday, March 25h @ 12:00 Noon. I will have a dear friend with me who uses a scotter to get around Manhattan. She is the only one I know who has more H bags than Frau PP or I do.
In any case, this will be our first H sale and I do not know what the facilites are for handicapped clients/patrons at the Man Pav. I intend to assist her with her selections and shopping, but I do not know where the ramps, etc. are. Under the ADA Law, this venue must be handicapped accessible.
Can anyone provide any information?
Thanks in advance.
Susan von

There's a large elevator that takes you up to the top floor, but I don't remember them having a ramp by the front entrance. It's a very large facility so I suspect they may have a side door entrance that's flatter.

I would call ahead and confirm though

I will be coming to the H Mega Sale at the Manhattan Pavillion on Thursday, March 25h @ 12:00 Noon. I will have a dear friend with me who uses a scotter to get around Manhattan. She is the only one I know who has more H bags than Frau PP or I do.
In any case, this will be our first H sale and I do not know what the facilites are for handicapped clients/patrons at the Man Pav. I intend to assist her with her selections and shopping, but I do not know where the ramps, etc. are. Under the ADA Law, this venue must be handicapped accessible.
Thanks in advance.
Susan von

I only know of the inside elevator, and I know there are steps out front. I would call ahead.
Also, it would be wonderful if you shared your collection with us, as "Frau" PP has.:graucho:

Thanks in advance.
Susan von

Susan von - a little OT but have you shared your extensive collection with us? I don't recall you bringing it to our attention previously.

thank you :smile:

thanks for the responsesm will call the Man Pav to find out about the hanciapped accessible entrance,
Regarding my H collection of bags, I have been colllecting them since I was in college and purchased them at Bonwit Teller, the only H venue in NYC for a while, before Bergdorf's and the preivous store on 57th street, so that tells you how old I am!
LOL
Why I even have a suede Trim II stamped with Bonwit Teller on it and it doesnt have a zipper on the top but it still looks lovely.
No photos since due to my advanced age, I havent learned how to master a digital camera and use the throw away ones from COSTCO, so please dont tell Al Gore on me!
LOL
susan von

thanks for the responsesm will call the Man Pav to find out about the hanciapped accessible entrance,
Regarding my H collection of bags, I have been colllecting them since I was in college and purchased them at Bonwit Teller, the only H venue in NYC for a while, before Bergdorf's and the preivous store on 57th street, so that tells you how old I am!
LOL
Why I even have a suede Trim II stamped with Bonwit Teller on it and it doesnt have a zipper on the top but it still looks lovely.
No photos since due to my advanced age, I havent learned how to master a digital camera and use the throw away ones from COSTCO, so please dont tell Al Gore on me!
LOL
susan von

Oh I am fascinated. You should have someone take pictures and archive all your bags. Do you know how many you have?

Last edited:
Hi Cody Girl,
well at last count, I had 25+ Trim II bags in all colors and materials, linen and leather ones included.
Didnt realize I had so many, may have to sell a few to pay for my anticipated medical expenses due to the politicans here in good ol DC spending all of my retirement money!
Thanks for asking and I love every one of them!
susan von