Handheld purse and restroom- washing hands

Sasha1254

O.G.
Jul 28, 2012
So I seem to always have a problem when it comes to using my handheld purses and washing my hands. First thing is I can't put my bag on top of the counter since in public restrooms the counters always have water and others by splashing. I have put my bag I between my legs and forgotten that I needed a paper towel to dry so I had to waddle with my purse inbetween my legs to get the paper towels that's just a no go. Second I push the bag so far up on my arm so it does not get wet yet it still hits against the sink and gets wet. I hate getting water splashed on the vachetta... Do any of you have this problem or am I just insane?

So I seem to always have a problem when it comes to using my handheld purses and washing my hands. First thing is I can't put my bag on top of the counter since in public restrooms the counters always have water and others by splashing. I have put my bag I between my legs and forgotten that I needed a paper towel to dry so I had to waddle with my purse inbetween my legs to get the paper towels that's just a no go. Second I push the bag so far up on my arm so it does not get wet yet it still hits against the sink and gets wet. I hate getting water splashed on the vachetta... Do any of you have this problem or am I just insane?

No you're not insane! I've def had the same problem...i tend to go with the bag-in-between-the-legs waddle. lol...if i have someone with me, I just ask them to hold it. SUCH a valid concern though!

I have the same problem. You can always grabs towels first, then wipe off a corner of the counter for your bag. Or I'll set my bag in a corner on the floor. No one ever goes to the corner. :smile:

You are not alone. :P That's the reason I avoid using public restrooms if I can help it and avoid having any drink when I go out. If I have no intention buying something in a shop, I wouldn't touch any item so my hands does not get dirty. I always have wipes and Purell ready.

You are not alone. :P That's the reason I avoid using public restrooms if I can help it and avoid having any drink when I go out. If I have no intention buying something in a shop, I wouldn't touch any item so my hands does not get dirty. I always have wipes and Purell ready.
That's how I am I try not to drink a lot either so I can avoid the restroom lol

Well..... You *know* you will need paper towels to dry your hands, right?!!! lol

So before washing your hands, grab the paper towel first, shove it under your arm to hold it, then wash your hands and its an easy reach for your paper towel. No waddling, and no water puddles and splashes to worry about.

Lol! What an image. :smile: Too funny. I usually wipe the counter with a paper towel, and then put a dry paper towel flat on the counter to set my bag on. Then wash hands, go get a new paper towel for my hands, pick up purse, throw away all paper towels LOL!! I could probably save a tree per year if I figured out a better way to do this. If it's a packed bathroom though I would just get a paper towel before washing hands and stick it under my arm, while the bag is doing the between-legs balance.

I hate public restrooms in general. The thought makes me shudder, let alone putting my LV purse on a wet counter! If I have no choice I grab a bunch of paper towel first then place my purse on top and try to quickly get out of there.

Lol great topic!....I do the waddle to the paper towel...more important than how odd I look, I freak out and always use the paper towel to grab the door handle to exit...swing it open use the foot to prop while I throw paper towel away as mostly all restrooms have the trash can there..

Lol great topic!....I do the waddle to the paper towel...more important than how odd I look, I freak out and always use the paper towel to grab the door handle to exit...swing it open use the foot to prop while I throw paper towel away as mostly all restrooms have the trash can there..

Me too!! Bathroom door handles scare me. Or a sleeve, at the very least. :P