handcream?

jane_stewart89

Miss_Jane
May 14, 2009
Some of you may be horrified when I question this...but...it could be a good idea? My mums friend who has always worked in the leather industry, in terms of protecting leather, cleaning it etc. And when my mum saw her the other day she quizzed her on what's best to put on my oak bays, and she said the only thing she would put on it would be handcream!!!! Now...I'munsure of this, she said it keeps it soft and clean...anyoneelse heard this??

I'd be terrified of that - mainly because of the perfume and colouring. Just a gut reaction though and I'll be waiting to hear what others think.

Do you know I tried this myself a few months ago with my chocolate Roxy, she was looking rather sorry for herself and me being me thought 'Hey why not?!!'
I used palmers cocoa butter, it seems to have made the darwin leather more supple, it certainly hasn't done it any harm, and the dirt that came off it ..yuk! I used cotton wool and massaged it in gently, so go for it! S xoxox

It sounds a great idea. I would try an Estee Lauder "mani-pedi" (I know it is not cheap, but the tube is 250ml and excellent quality, not too greasy - and you can get a gift from EL, which brings the price to a very good level) - I am sure this one will do no harm but only good. However, I have not tried it on any Mulberry myself, so just guessing.

Oh really?

On the other hand, i was always extremely careful about handcream around my leather bags. I find that it would kind of oxidise the leather and make it appear darker... especially on my LV leather... but maybe that's because it's untreated leather.