Handbags - The Ultimate Accessory by Tessa Paul

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I got this book as an early Christmas present - has anyone read it? It's a coffee table size book with lots of pictures and stories about the history of handbags in general and specific designers/brands. I found what I think is a mistake though - it says the Birkin was created by Louis Vuitton! If you have the book, that's on page 207.

Yes, I just bought this book too! The pictures and back story looked great, and I had to pick it up. I haven't started reading it, although I just checked for the error you caught - that's pretty egregious, don't you think?

^^^ Before I joined tPF I knew next to nothing about designer goods and even back then I knew (from Sex and the City) that a Birkin was an Hermes product (but I wasn't sure it had never been an LV design). It's a fun and informative book - I hope you enjoy it.

I opened this thread hoping to find a new book to read, but I don't know that I could read it and believe anything with such a colossal error. Even my husband who knows NOTHING about bags just answered "Hermeez" when I asked him who made the Birkin.

I'm sorry if I put anyone off it because of that one comment - it's a lot of fun and has great pictures, even if you don't read/believe all of the stories. It's more of a coffee table/waiting room kind of thing where you pick it up for something to do when you have a few minutes.