Handbags & the Movies - Which ones do you remember?

I remember Reese Witherspoon's red Bottega Veneta from Legally Blonde. That was during the height of the logo-covered bag craze, and I remember reading that the costume designers specifically wanted her character to carry something more understated and under the radar.

Oh! I love this old thread. This is what started my premier bag obsession! I saw Cameron Diaz, whom I love, wearing a gorgeous tan leather bag for a split second in the movie "...Vegas" and I had to find it. I'm not 100% positive, but I think it's the Gucci Marrakech bag that I bought. I loved seeing Meryl Streep wearing a hobo bag (I have no idea who makes it) and the BV knot! I also loved watching Sandra Bullock wearing a Prada in a movie and remember hunting that bag down. There is nothing like seeing how the bag looks worn on a very attractive woman, to entice the sale!

OMG yes!!! I became obsessed with the Prada bag that Sandra bullock carried in 'The proposal' (and i actually think my search was what led me to this forum) :biggrin:

and now i am obsessed with finding the bag that the character Abby plays in 'The LA complex'

Grrr soo annoying when the bag distracts you and you just want to know what it is :lol:

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 266
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 276
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 266
Never really noticed them until I realised how much my fiancée loved handbags :amuse:

Grace Kelly's Mark Cross Luggage in Rear Window :tup:

Btw, does anyone here watch "Suits"? She was wondering what bag Donna was carrying in episode 7 of season 2, but couldn't find the answer online. I think she was interested because it looked like it had a box on the bottom (which I guess you don't see very often)...kind of like the Hermes MacPherson? :sweatdrop:

GiantMuffinMan said:
Never really noticed them until I realised how much my fiancée loved handbags :amuse:

Grace Kelly's Mark Cross Luggage in Rear Window :tup:

Btw, does anyone here watch "Suits"? She was wondering what bag Donna was carrying in episode 7 of season 2, but couldn't find the answer online. I think she was interested because it looked like it had a box on the bottom (which I guess you don't see very often)...kind of like the Hermes MacPherson? :sweatdrop:

I watch suits and remember the bag in this ep.
Ive attached the pic to see if anyone can recognize it, sorry if it's blurry

I remember Donna in one ep saying she wanted another Marni bag though if that's any help (if I'm remembering correctly :S )

Good luck finding it!

Attachments

• image-2349790940.jpg
    image-2349790940.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 262
In Mission Impossible 3 the woman killer carried a Prada saffiano tote that I loved (but can't afford!) Also if anyone watches Dallas, Rebecca is always carrying great bags, I think I counted at least 3 per episode!

Sem1007 said:
I watch suits and remember the bag in this ep.
Ive attached the pic to see if anyone can recognize it, sorry if it's blurry

I remember Donna in one ep saying she wanted another Marni bag though if that's any help (if I'm remembering correctly :S )

Good luck finding it!

yeah that's the one, thanks for posting the pic! any help identifying it would be much appreciated. i checked the marni website but i don't think it's by them =T