Handbags on Display at Museum of Design Atlanta

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City
I stumbled across this article by accident and found it very interesting. Too bad this isn't a "traveling" exhibit -- I'd love to see it! For those of you in the Atlanta, Georgia area, you might want to check this out! SJP's "Eiffel Tower" from the Sex & the City movie is part of the Exhibit, as well as handbags that have been carried by celebrities on some of our favorite TV shows, such as Friends.

For women, the practical pocket has yet to become a realistic option. Having keys, phones and wallets creates unsightly bulges near the hips, and where would you store your extra pens, planners and tubes of lip gloss, anyway? The more practical and convenient alternative to the pocket, then, is the handbag. In the interest of pursuing this handy accessory, the Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA) is currently featuring “In the Bag,” a show that explores purses and the women who love them........

Click here for the rest of the article:
http://www.emorywheel.com/detail.php?n=26591

Student-made bags from Savannah College of Art and Design and Italy's Domus Academy.

Attachments

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City
I'm totally going!

Oh I hope you can take pics and report back to us!! This is such a great idea!! The article seemed to insinuate that there was a lot of interest in it - if there's enough, maybe they'd consider "sending it on the road"!!

(I wonder if there's a way to contact the people who are running it in order to suggest that?)