Handbag storing?

kvaladez_77

Jan 30, 2013
Hi!

I wanted to know of people's opinions and experiencing when it comes to storing LV handbags. I have received mixed reviews when speaking to other LV owners and sales associates. I have been collecting since 2000 and all my bags have been stored stuffed, in their dust bags ,and in their box. I haven't had any issues yet. I live in Texas which is hot and humid. I have been agonizing over this for the last year or so when I have read TPF threads that say no box. What to do!!! I have even considered selling so that I don't have to worry about these high maintenance canvas bags. Help!!!! Please!!!

I store my bags stuffed and in their dust bag. I do not store them in a box. Please don't sell your bags just because of storage! It sounds like you have had no issues with storing them in their box. Some have said that it can dry the leather out on the bag...I know there have been some posts on this...maybe check the FAQ section....

I store mine stuffed, in dust bag only. I have always been told (by SA's and tPF'ers alike) no box because ultimately it will damage the canvas. However, since I have never stored in the box I cannot comment on it from personal experience. I also live in a much colder and drier climate than you do. :smile: I would also add that if you don't have problems yet, no need to sell off your current bags. GL!

I store my bags stuffed in the dust bags. I've been told by various SAs since the 90s to NOT store in the box. But I do not recall any TPFers posting about problems with their bags due to storing them in boxes. We do all have climate control in our homes, yeah? 😄

I store mine (leather and canvas alike) in their dust bags, stuffed, no box. My SA told me not to use the boxes and I have had no issues yet. I also live in Hawaii where it's humid so I'm afraid of moisture collecting in/on them if I use the box.

Like most people here, I store my bags in their dustbag and stuff them to keep their shape, especially my Speedy and Eva. The weather here can get humid so I have to check on them every two weeks to make sure that there is no mold.

If you've had no issues for 13 years, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it as they say. I don't store in boxes because one, they take up way too much room in my closet and two, it would drive me crazy to have to go through a dust bag AND box just to get to my purse.