Handbag Storage Solutions

MJ, let me throw another idea out to maximize space. I see many ladies buying bookcases and cabinets and line them up on a wall. So if you have all of this lovely wall space, why not take advantage of that space and install shelving (similar to dgphoto)? I really should sketch out the idea but if shelves were up, you have more room for bags. Then, to conceal the bag wall, drapery panels could be hung in front on the shelves by mounting brackets on the ceiling. I will try to do a sketch for the fun of it when I get an opportunity. Good luck with your project. P.S. Bag tags will simplify your life. I will post another pic of how mine look. It is a joy and worth the effort.

This sounds like a great idea. I wish I had the space to do this.

I still have to stain a shelf but here is one closet with some of my bags and their tags. I love it. It makes it so much easier to find a bag. Of course, space is an issue so I am still working on finding places to put the others. More closet purging needed. LOL! However, the tags still make it easy to find what you are looking for without wrestling open dust bags to ID them.
View attachment 3619397 View attachment 3619398

This looks so great! I have been meaning to do this, but just haven't gotten around to it. I love the look of your tags.

This sounds like a great idea. I wish I had the space to do this.
Thanks! I wish I had that wall space too. I think it would be a great solution for many of you gals.

This looks so great! I have been meaning to do this, but just haven't gotten around to it. I love the look of your tags.
Thanks TB! I love the look too although I really need to work on thinning the herd like you are thinking. It can get overwhelming at times. BTW, I hope you are feeling better. :smile:

I still have to stain a shelf but here is one closet with some of my bags and their tags. I love it. It makes it so much easier to find a bag. Of course, space is an issue so I am still working on finding places to put the others. More closet purging needed. LOL! However, the tags still make it easy to find what you are looking for without wrestling open dust bags to ID them.
View attachment 3619397 View attachment 3619398
So cool! This speaks to my OCD side, I love it. I don't have enough bags to do this, but its fantastic. And you have a great collection too!!

Hello!! We moved AGAIN last fall. Last weekend I finally got my bags situated, they had been in storage totes in the garage. At present, I have been in the same bag for 6 months, lol! Hoping to switch out this weekend.
I spent $20 on each storage unit at Home Depot, I bought two. This works well if you have a place for it. Mine are in the basement. Lots of adjustments with this property. No master closet (older house) so I turned a bedroom into a walk-in closet. No fancy closet organizer; I built two racks out of PVC pipes and used shelving like in this picture for “dressers”. It has worked well and now I have a walk-in closet with a window:smile:.
Hope everyone is doing well in these interesting times, stay safe.

Attachments

• E1E4FCD5-C445-4D66-AACB-2532CD153E83.jpeg
    E1E4FCD5-C445-4D66-AACB-2532CD153E83.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 55
Hello!! We moved AGAIN last fall. Last weekend I finally got my bags situated, they had been in storage totes in the garage. At present, I have been in the same bag for 6 months, lol! Hoping to switch out this weekend.
I spent $20 on each storage unit at Home Depot, I bought two. This works well if you have a place for it. Mine are in the basement. Lots of adjustments with this property. No master closet (older house) so I turned a bedroom into a walk-in closet. No fancy closet organizer; I built two racks out of PVC pipes and used shelving like in this picture for “dressers”. It has worked well and now I have a walk-in closet with a window:smile:.
Hope everyone is doing well in these interesting times, stay safe.

I'm GUESSING that having your handbags 'organized' will make your new place feel like home. Enjoy your handbag collection again. And be sure the window and sun don't fade your handbags.

I don't know how much dust bags protect handbags from light..... right now my handbags are all over my living room (long story... closet cleaning, family and personal illnesses, construction, etc.)…. I'm keeping the drapes closed and the handbags in dustbags/pillowcases, but I am concerned about color fading.

Of course, natural light makes it so much easier to tell what color (exactly) a handbag is.... even the darkest navy looks different from black in natural light. And I can see subtle difference in the amount of green in a blue or teal or turquoise or how warm a grey or taupe color is.... or how cool. And that' helps 'justify' my rainbow of handbag colors with all it's variations and subtleties. Yes, I really needed hot pink, and fuchsia, and raspberry, and strawberry bags. :smile: And blush and oyster are not the same as each other and totally different than bone.