Handbag shopping ban....

1. Today I have decided that I am going to use the handbags that I have and not buy a handbag for one year. This is a self imposed shopping ban that I have placed on myself because I simply cannot afford to buy any more bags. This week I bought a Speedy 30 and pouchette (on my credit card...yikkkes)and that is it for the next year. This year I have bought a total of six bags which is extreme for me(me soooo greedy lately)... this site has not helped matters. When I see huge collections I think well I barely have any bags. Usually I only get 1 or 2 bags a year that I absolutely adore. This year I bought too much going a tad into debt and not saving any $$$ so, this one year shopping ban will help me to get back on track. I will still come to the PF to drool :drool: over everyones new purchases, eye candy that I cannot resist. In the meantime I will use and rotate my exisiting modest but, lovely collection of 10 handbags that I adore. I do not know how some of you do it!!! Your collections are so stunning. No handbags until next fall...I think that I can do it. Plus for the last month I have used the same bag everyday and I am not giving my handbags equal exposure. Enough is enough for now:crybaby: . Anyone else in this position:shrugs: ???? Handbags are such an expensive addiction :nuts: !

2. I'm not in exactly the same position, but I support you, gucccigal :smile: You're making a very responsible decision. You've already got lovely bags and you should use them! I'm on a sort of ban as well (this month was way too expensive bag-wise for me!)- saving up for a speedy, which will take me quite awhile as I'm also trying to pay off a few bills and they are the priority. But when I get it I will know that I can afford it and that I made headway on bills in the process!

3. I should do the same. I have nine handbags, one to go with any outfit, and I love them all (I recently sold a bunch of them and these are the ones that I refused to sell -- they're in my showcase, btw).

Today I was walking around Union Square with my new Gucci hobo, enjoying how it felt on my shoulder, and thought to myself that I can't WAIT until I have owned that bag for a long time, until it's old and I am still using it because it's so well-made. Same goes for my LV Saleya and my Botkier, etc etc. These bags are made to LAST, so why do we keep buying new ones??

I am not buying any new bags for a long while, BUT I am still buying a couple of small Damier Azur accessories in November :smile: But that's it, and it's a planned expense.

4. I'll join you at the end of this year :lol: There are still two or three bags that I really, really want... but then that's it, I think.

5. I still want to get either a Gucci or LV wallet...now that is not considered a handbag and I plan on waiting until Nov. Enjoy what you have is my new motto!!!

Jane congrats on your Gucci hobo, I will check out your handbags too!!!

6. I feel the same way. I sold all of my collection and I'm starting over. I got a speedy 30 for my birthday and that's it until Xmas. I'm getting a Balenciaga for Xmas and then no bags until my birthday in August. I had way too many bags and I didn't use them. I favored my Balenciaga. I feel better about my decision...a weight was lifted off of me. I was becoming so obsessed with handbags...that's all I could think of. It's been hard at times, but I know my family and bank account will thank me!!!

7. Yes, but how do you stop??? How do you decide which bag to carry? I feel sick about all the bags not being used in my closet!!!

8. I think keeping myself under ten bags at any one time is a good policy (for me). Easy to pick a different one to carry every month or whatever. And if I HAVE to buy a new one, then I will have to sacrifice an old one. Harsh policy, but I think it will work.

9. I can relate! :yes: I picked up a lot of nice bags this year, and haven't been looking to buy any more expensive ones as of late -- just enjoying what I have. Self-imposed hiatus, I guess.

That didn't stop me from buying a couple of Ellingtons this morning which I found marked down from $200 to $65 - couldn't resist that bargain, and I can always use some new knock-around bags (and Ellington's leather bags last forever!). Here I go ... justifying again! :shame:

10. I usually ban myself after buying one, well, afterall..I can only buy once or twice a year, so does that mean I am banning myself for not buying more than two?:biggrin: :biggrin:

11. I don't think it's any easier to stop buying handbags (if you're an addict) then it is to stop smoking, drinking or over eating - It's brutal - but like all the other addictions, it can be done.

12. I'm with you! I've increased my handbag collection from 2 to 30 in a year. I'm done. I've shifted my focus elsewhere (clothes and shoes).

13. Totally agree!! It is definitely an addiction for me. I experience the "high" when I first buy and then the "let-down" after a week or so....enough time where I'm already tired of my new bag and want another new one.

14. Good Luck with that!!! Hope you make it through.

15. :nuts: Im with you....I placed my last order of LV...ever...(well execept for accessories). And I do mean ever, unless I win the Lotto or something like it...he he.

The only reason I invested in my bags was to really have them for a lifetime if possible and it seems the right time to test it out..:lol:

I feel very fortunate to own them and wont feel right to keep buying for the sake of getting new ones.... I started out with a plan for a collection and now that its complete...dont see a need to go further...that would really make me feel bad about it all. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice