Handbag recommendations (around $2500)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies & gents!

Every year, I buy myself a bag. Budget usually depends on things going on (traveling plans, etc) so this year, it's about $2500 (CAD).

I'm hoping you can recommend some handbags!

Use: everyday, more casual - small to medium in size. I don't carry a lot - usually a wallet/card holder, phone, lipstick, keys... sometimes an umbrella :smile:

My style: Mostly black, structured lines (lots of white button downs), silk blouses, a million pairs of black skinny pants in various textures (leather, denim, etc). Shoes - usually black or white sneakers, neutral heels. I wear minimalist gold jewelry mostly. I'm 5'5''. I'm in my early thirties, don't really go out all too often.

Must be cross body.

Current collection:
    - Miu Miu madras structured tote (grey)
    - Proenza Schouler PS11 in Saffron medium
    - Miu Miu matelasse clutch (black)
    - Alexander Wang Diego bucket bag in grey
    - Dior promenade pouch in black lambskin with champagne chain
    - Chloe medium Paraty (black)

Bags I'm leaning towards:
    - Givenchy Pandora in small or medium - probably smooth black
    - Saint Laurent baby SDJ

I want something pretty classic. I thought about the Chloe Faye, but I think that might be too trendy for me.

Hoping you guys can help!!

2. Alma BB or Gucci Soho Disco sound like they would work for you. I don't think the Givenchy is cross body, just shoulder.

3. Mansur Gavriel Lady bag?

4. I love the medium pandora (have 2!) and I'd certainly recommend it as a casual go anywhere bag, but, unless you're quite petite, it rides high worn cross body. Doable but not great IMO. A plus point though is that the short handle fits very comfortably on my shoulder, and stays put without any effort. Goat (sugar) leather is gorgeous.

5. Ooooh... the Alma! I didn't even consider that... I'm going to pay a visit to LV this weekend ;)

6. The SDJ sounds like it would go very nicely with your clothing style.

7. What about med/large Chanel flap...preloved.

8. Would you consider a Celine mini belt. This may be just a tad bigger than your needs however, it will fit the umbrella when u need it. You can wear on your shoulder or on your arm. It's the right price point.

9. I also like the SDJ baby and LV Alma bb in epi noir. Have you seen the LV Cluny BB?

10. I love the Cluny BB, I have it in black epi leather and really enjoy it (picture from LV)!

Attached Files:

11. I think a black Epi Cluny or Alma sound perfect for OP's style :tup:

I think the SDJ sounds like a good choice too

12. Fendi. You could get a mini peekaboo or by the way bag or a jour bag

13. Cluny BB is a really nice option

14. Thanks guys!! So many more bags that I hadn't considered... The LV Cluny is gooorgeous! Dare I say top of my list now?

15. I am the same height as you and don't have any problem wearing my Pandora medium crossbody. I have the smooth leather as well and it's my favorite bag. After 3 years of wear it still looks brand new.