Handbag cleaning

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I don't know if someone has posted about this topic but I am curious to know how everyone takes care of their bags and what is done to keep it looking new?

2. I usually take very good care of my bag. I try not to let it touch the floor and not have any stains on. I also rotate my bags monthly to extend its "life" so I won't wear down a bag so fast.

If I'm not using the bag, they are ALWAYS in its original dust/sleeper bag and being put away in my closet. I also stuff the bag with tissues and papers to retain its original shape.

3. I never thought about putting tissue and stuff to retain the shape! That is a great idea. What is your reasoning to rotate it?

4. Handbag cleaning? My collections are mostly LVs. So just mild soap & water on the coated mono canvas (avoiding the leather parts of course). Most of the time I try not to put them on the floor or on dirty tables (the usual). The Damier & Epi lines are somewhat different though (I'm alittle bit less careful with them).

I rotate my bags too. Not really rotate...more like using a bag that matches my outfit? hehe

5. what if the canvas is not coated? i'm thinking to get a Balenciaga canvas, but worried about stains, any suggestion?

6. i use one of those "shout" sticks to clean canvas and nylon bags. works wonders

7. My reason: boredom. :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice