Handbag buying experience: did this cross The Purse Forum etiquette line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its absolutely inappropriate for the retailer to do anything like this to interfere with your personal freedom to post online

phone numbers given to retailer should be used exclusively for sales and billing....at most to notify you for promotions at the store, inappropriate even to call you up and chat, more so to discuss your post at a forum outside of the retailer's management or moderation

This is just totally strange.... The OP of this thread hasn't logged on since initiating this post, and now sanfrangirl2007 is getting defensive about a comment she made that had nothing to do with the OPs posts.... Not to mention the retailer that sold the bag to the OP posted here as well.

I have no idea why the retailer would make an issue or complaint about the OPs opinion, if anything, she was totally respectable towards the website's reputation, saying that they were happy to refund her the money back. Isn't that suppose to be a good thing? So what's the big deal?? And why hasn't the OP posted anything or logged on for followup? Lost log in was Jan 28th about 3pm.

WTH is going on?!??? Does anyone else think this is strange???

From adoptastray's original thread about the Moni Moni bags:
Hello to all the members of this forum.

We are the online retail website that sold the Moni Moni bags to this customer. We would like to provide you all with the following information.

We stand behind all the merchandise we sell from the many great designers we carry in our online store. Occasionally, a handbag, a piece of jewelry, a dress, etc. has a manufacturing imperfection. This happens to all manufacturers, even brands selling for thousands of dollars. And on rare occasion any website or bricks and mortar store may inadvertently sell/ship one of those items to their good customers. And like any good retailer, we are disappointed when it happens. What is truly important is how a retailer deals with the situation. In this case, we took back the merchandise immediately with no questions asked and provided our customer with an immediate refund. Reputable designers/manufacturers make it possible for their retailers to do that by standing behind their products. Moni Moni did that for us 100%. They were truly concerned when we told them of the problems. They wanted all the information we could provide and asked us to return the bags to them, so they could communicate whatever the problems were to their manufacturing site in Italy. And they provided us, the retailer, with an immediate refund as well. We believe this is exactly how it should work. We strive to provide that level of Customer Service to every customer, every day. And we are pleased to have so many happy customers who love their Moni Moni bags.

Absolutely out of line. How did they know it was you?!?!? That's scary. However you have the right to air any problem you encountered on the web.

It's a breach of privacy for the retailer to contact you about your post like that. Definitely crossed the line.

Edited: Oops, just realized how old this thread actually was.

Actually I'm glad you bumped it because this person has been skulking around lately.

Oh really?
Where is he/she lurking now? More importantly for what?

I know the shopdollyrocker user/store is also selling under the name "italywedding" on ebay... I don't know if they are still listing things at the moment - I always remember because they are the sellers who would sell everything at retail price (so pricier than anyone else) on ebay - I found out because I emailed them to ask about a question on an ebay item and then they replied back, along with a coupon code for the store - I have yet to use it because I haven't found anything I liked ...

Just thought I would like to share this tidbit with you guys

Just found this thread now but before I was on TPF I was on theknot.com forums planning for my wedding last year. It was helpful on the local boards to get info on vendors and pricing etc b/c so many wedding vendors lurk on there that I know some "knotties" who had negative experiences and posted about them ended up getting phone calls from vendors asking them to delete it. It was so spooky so I never wrote out a vendors name when I was complaining and if people want to know they could contact me and I would tell them.

for the record, I agree with you that the vendor was out of line.

TOTALLY crossed the line. It was very stalker-ish of him to contact you. I would've been extremely unnerved and upset. This is a public forum and we have every right to express our opinions about the bags we buy, the service we receive, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.