Handbag box damaged during return shipment, seller wont refund

quinna

Jun 27, 2013
I recently purchased a Dior bag (shipped in a Dior box) that was snad. The seller finally accepted the return. Since the original shipping box was too large it was somewhat curshed during shipment I replaced it with a more appropriate sized box and added air pillows all around plus extra bubbles inside for the return shipment. When I originally received the package the dior box lid was flattened where the corner had ripped flat, but I didn't think much of it since it was a 20 year old box/bag, and the corners were not all visible in the photos. I did mention to the seller about the original shipping box damage from the PO prior to returning. The seller messaged me this evening that the entire dior box is apparently damaged, and insists on escalating to ebay. Two things that might be worth mentioning are the fact that she sold it again before she even had the returned parcel, and the fact that the box doesn't even go with the bag since it's for a nylon Lady D and the bag is a patent Lady D. (I know that's irrelevant since it was sold as it was with the item). Any thoughts?

Escalate with eBay as soon as you can and then call them. Provide the tracking number for the return and let them know the seller has their item back and hadn't refunded. Let them know the box was damaged when you received it and you just returned what you got. They'll find in your favor.

Seriously, she is fighting the refund over a box? She got back her bag.

ETA: I was told by ebay once that when a buyer claims SNAD, the seller can't complain about what they get back. I once received a return (not a SNAD) that was missing some parts and ebay said I still had to give a full refund, since it was my word against the buyer's. All I could do was report the buyer, which doesn't do anything unless ebay gets lots of reports, and who knows what they do with that information?

ETA2: The seller has to refund within a certain timeframe. If she doesn't, ebay will force the refund.

I called and the rep assured me that I would get refunded within 2 business days no matter what, and that she would make a note on the case. Hoping the rep is not feeding me a script. I think she's upset about the box since she turned around and resold the bag before she got the return back. She demanded that I ship it back immediately when she reluctantly accepted the return telling me about all the interested buyers she would have. She would have been in trouble with her new buyer if I took all the time they give to return. Originally the bag was listed as "new" and while I could tell it was vintage and not new it had really obvious bad repair work on the strap that you couldn't see plus rubbing and wear all over the patent.

I called and the rep assured me that I would get refunded within 2 business days no matter what, and that she would make a note on the case. Hoping the rep is not feeding me a script. I think she's upset about the box since she turned around and resold the bag before she got the return back. She demanded that I ship it back immediately when she reluctantly accepted the return telling me about all the interested buyers she would have. She would have been in trouble with her new buyer if I took all the time they give to return. Originally the bag was listed as "new" and while I could tell it was vintage and not new it had really obvious bad repair work on the strap that you couldn't see plus rubbing and wear all over the patent.

I'd contact Ebay & point out the seller has "resold the bag". No reason to hold up your refund for another 2 days.. JMO

Reactions: quinna
Update, I escalated on the phone today since I hadn't heard from the seller since the day she got the package, and no refund was issued, so ebay closed in my favor and refunded quickly.
Awesome!! I'm glad it worked out for you. I recently had a similar situation. I received a "new" item with scratches on it. When I returned it the seller tried to say I scratched it.

Reactions: quinna
Awesome!! I'm glad it worked out for you. I recently had a similar situation. I received a "new" item with scratches on it. When I returned it the seller tried to say I scratched it.
Ugh so tired of crappy, dishonest sellers. I imagine my seller is peeved because she spent $58 to ship to me originally when she only charged $12 in the listing, so I wonder if our difficulties had a little bit to do with that. She used an unnecessarily humongous box with cardboard filler to ship across the country.

Reactions: caannie
My seller did the same to me. I got her comment removed. Unfortunately the negative feedback I left for her also got removed, even though it violated no policies.

My seller did the same to me. I got her comment removed. Unfortunately the negative feedback I left for her also got removed, even though it violated no policies.
Wow, that's strange that they removed yours. I had accidentally left my seller positive feedback sometime last week since I was leaving a bunch of feedback at once and clicked that listing by mistake, so she got my generic happy response. [emoji53]

Wow, that's strange that they removed yours. I had accidentally left my seller positive feedback sometime last week since I was leaving a bunch of feedback at once and clicked that listing by mistake, so she got my generic happy response. [emoji53]
Don't you hate when that happens?