Hand size and Birkins - heavy handed ?

This is very interesting. I've tried both, (have a 35) and really want a 30 just to have a choice between large and small. I know HACs are very hard for me to carry. I wear size 7 gloves.

Hermeslady, I wear size 8.5 gloves too! (I've wondered if Hermes makes them for women in that size, between that and trying to fit my size 11 feet, sometimes I feel like I'm a cross-dresser.) And I was sort of half thinking if I ever got a Birkin it would be a 30, so do let us know what you finally decide!

I am a size 6, but think anything in a Birkin in size less than 35 looks too small on me. I am 5'6 and usually wear 3-4 inch heels. Smaller sizes unless in a Kelly look just wrong on me.

Hermeslady, I wear size 8.5 gloves too! (I've wondered if Hermes makes them for women in that size, between that and trying to fit my size 11 feet, sometimes I feel like I'm a cross-dresser.) And I was sort of half thinking if I ever got a Birkin it would be a 30, so do let us know what you finally decide!

We're twins ! I wear size 11 shoes too !

I'm definately a 35cm Kelly & Birkin girl ! And a 37cm Bolide girl too.

I am sooo with you!!! Rather large hands...size 10 shoes... Tried a 30 cm birkin yesterday...soooooooooo small......... Somehow the "little" (28 cm) kelly is actually easier for me to do than the 30 cm birkin... My favorites are absolutely the 35 cm birkin and kelly bags...

You know, I have an older Birkin that is 35 whose handles are thicker and bigger than my newer 40cm Birkin. Isn't that weird? You'd think the 40's handles would be bigger. I prefer the narrower handles because yes, the thicker handles make me feel ungainly.