Hand rearing baby Sparrows

More sad news another death, the little one on the right of the bottom picture. He was very weak. So one of the younger ones left now, the strongest & he is getting a little feather so hopefully he will survive. It is so frustrating when you treat them all the same & some die, you always ask did I do anything wrong but they were so young & weak I guess it was inevitable.

The 5 choir members, lol, are doing amazingly well, getting more active every day!

Thanks Couturegrl :smile:
We have both nests in the one big box, the little survivor is lonely now & has tried a few times to make his way to the "big nest" he is too young yet to join the others so we have put up a divider. They are so lively that they could do him damage but hopefully soon he will be strong enough to join them!

I'm just now catching up with this thread. So sad to hear about the little fellas who didn't make it. Are you using a heat lamp for them?

Thanks Shoo, yes they have been under a heat lamp since day one.
You could see the older ones moving away from it as they got more feathers.

No more casualties today, thank goodness all are doing well.

^You should do a poll to pick names for the baby sparrows! :smile:

Hehe, that would be an idea but they are all so alike, dunno how would differentiate. Let's see when they are fully fledged & hopping about then perhaps we can & suggestions for names would be great. At the minute they lie huddled together but almost trample one another to death when it is feeding time, LOL! I go into a blind panic when they do that & have to check that all are well when they settle down again.

The little survivor of the other nest is doing extremely well, I think he will make it.