'Hand' bags with straps what is your opinion?

Straps on hand held bags?

• Love it!

• Only once in awhile

• Not for me, but ok on others

• Hate it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Well, I have never been a huge speedy fan, partly because I like shoulder bags better.

I was lucky to snag a strap for my new toledo blue 35.

Also I was looking at the Epi Riviera, which is a hand bag too, but my SA said alot of people use a strap with it. She pointed out even corporate was getting the message, people like shoulder straps...that's why the cruise cabas has one.

How do you feel about straps on a handbag?

I don't know...it looks okay on some people, but I can't stand it because it looks so odd IMO! If you can take the handles off the bag, then sure, but I cannot imagine wearing my Jasmin or Sarria mini with a strap because the handles hanging off the side seem so out of place!

Its no big deal to me, if it feels/looks weird then do w/o the shoulder strap. On the other hand I'm sure having a spare strap tucked in your bag is useful when you need your hands to be free.

Sports bags (I think they are called duffel bags) can have handles and a shoulder strap and they don't look odd.

I think there's a purpose behind the design for a "handbag" and I think they should be left as that in my opinion. When you add a strap on it, it takes away some of the appeal, for instance imagine the Manhattan PM/GM with a strap on it? It would add to much to it...

I think there's a purpose behind the design for a "handbag" and I think they should be left as that in my opinion. When you add a strap on it, it takes away some of the appeal, for instance imagine the Manhattan PM/GM with a strap on it? It would add to much to it...

Keepalls have straps and handles....and speedy is basically a smaller version...just something I thought about.

Keepalls have straps and handles....and speedy is basically a smaller version...just something I thought about.

True... but I think there's more of a practical purpose for luggage having both. With something small like a purse, no real need IMO, and at the same time, the busy-ness of having both stands out more..

Also, not all Keepalls come with straps.

Ash

i think that the only time i would throw a strap on a handbag is when i am shopping and really need my hands free. (when shopping gets out of control!) i could see throwing a strap on the bag to make life easier- but then taking it off when i'm done. keeping a strap inside the bag for just those emergencies is something i would consider.