Hamptons hobo 12459...anyone have it?

bunnches

Feb 3, 2011
Hi everyone! Im looking for a little info on a discontinued bag, the Hamptons Hobo #12459. Does anyone have this bag and still use it? I missed the boat first time around and I've just seen this bag and fell in love! I spotted one on Ebay in a teal blue color thats just gorgeous! Does anyone have any complaints about this style? Is it really heavy? Im used to bigger bags, so the size shouldnt be an issue for me. What does everyone like or dislike about this oldie but goodie? :biggrin: Thanks for your help!

I have this bag in gray. It is a very heavy bag and the shoulder handle is not comfortable at all. BUT it holds A LOT of stuff and its very pretty! I always get compliments when I wear it! Scratches easy as well, so I would be careful. Its definitely not an every day bag.

I have this bag in gray. It is a very heavy bag and the shoulder handle is not comfortable at all. BUT it holds A LOT of stuff and its very pretty! I always get compliments when I wear it! Scratches easy as well, so I would be careful. Its definitely not an every day bag.

Awww, thats a bummer to hear! Thanks for the info. Is the finish like the old legacy bags where the scratches rub out with your finger?

I have this bag in espresso (deep chocolate brown) and it's my all time favorite bag and I wear it ALL the time as an every-day bag!! It's the bag I get the most compliments on.

It is a large bag, very roomy, and the leather is smooshy and awesome! Yes the leather can scratch but so does the leather on most of my leather bags. I added an extra dogleash clip to the handle to make the drop longer and it is very comfy to wear on the shoulder. :smile:

I have the Lindsay in Teal, which is the satchel version. The leather is AH-mazing! I think there were some issues with color stability. mine has worn really well but I often see used ones with a lot of fading. The hobo (and the Lindsay) are both hefty, but it depends on what you are used to carrying. If you can find one it great condition I say go for it.

I have this bag in espresso (deep chocolate brown) and it's my all time favorite bag and I wear it ALL the time as an every-day bag!! It's the bag I get the most compliments on.

It is a large bag, very roomy, and the leather is smooshy and awesome! Yes the leather can scratch but so does the leather on most of my leather bags. I added an extra dogleash clip to the handle to make the drop longer and it is very comfy to wear on the shoulder. :smile:

Thanks! I actually wanted the espresso color but cannot find one anywhere :sad:

I have the Lindsay in Teal, which is the satchel version. The leather is AH-mazing! I think there were some issues with color stability. mine has worn really well but I often see used ones with a lot of fading. The hobo (and the Lindsay) are both hefty, but it depends on what you are used to carrying. If you can find one it great condition I say go for it.

I have seen that color issue on some of the bags on ebay and I have passed them up, but the one I have my eye on seems to be in pretty good shape, only a little rubbing on the top edge of the bag. Its a medium blue looking color so Im not sure if its the Petrol or Teal color? Either way it looks beautiful and its under $300 so I may jump on it! I love big bags...bigger is better :graucho: Thanks for your help!