Hamptons black leather Carryall Review

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. That is one huge bag! I can definitely see it being a great work bag. However, I think it's too big (for me, at least) for an every day bag. I like the silver hardware on it though. And the shape, if it wasn't so big.

Yeah, it if were smooshy like the walnut or ivory pebbled leather, it would probably be fine but it is very structured and bulky. It looks much bigger than Emily's walnut version from Cupcakes and Cashmere. I think Coach kinda missed the big one by using different leather for the black...at least on the carryall. It works fine on the hobo.

Are you in the States or Canada? Only because I would LOVE a Cypress and need to know if I should bug my SA now to look for it from your store .. LOL!

I'm in the states. They won't ship to Canada, will they? The cypress is gorgeous-- love the color and the leather.

Yeah, it if were smooshy like the walnut or ivory pebbled leather, it would probably be fine but it is very structured and bulky. It looks much bigger than Emily's walnut version from Cupcakes and Cashmere. I think Coach kinda missed the big one by using different leather for the black...at least on the carryall. It works fine on the hobo.

I agree with you. Even though I love my hobo, I've always wondered why the black was a different leather. It makes no sense to me to have three colors in one leather and one color in another. It doesn't make a huge difference on the hobo but it definitely does on the carryall! What was Coach thinking? Geez.

I cannot for the life of me figure out the steep price tag on this bag. Why is it so freakin' much?

I know, right? The only thing I can think of is that it has such a sophisticated feel and since it is the coveted Hamptons line, maybe they thought people would pay more for it. I don't know. I adore the Legacy and Hamptons lines but I really thought the tag on this carryall was too high. Especially now that I have finally seen it in person.

What's weird is the Hamptons line, since it began over a decade ago has typically been reasonably priced and not one of their "luxury" lines. Plus, even in this specific year's line, the flap was what....$400...the hobo $500 and this....$700. W. T. F? Why such a disparity between the prices, when they are all similar in size/workmanship?