Hampstead MM or GM? *Need modeling pics =)

juicygal12

Jan 12, 2009
Hi there! I went to the mall the other day to try both but they only had the MM. As much as I love it, I really want to see which one I should get. I've searched tpf but I mostly see MM. So for the GM owners out there, could you post your pic so I could finally choose? For reference, I'm 5'4 and 115 pounds (relatively thin/petite) and I want to use this as an everyday bag. Any suggestions? Thank you :heart:

Here are some pictures of the Hampstead from our lovely tpf-ers. I was also searching pictures for the different sizes, you can try looking under the "Hampstead" club under the Clubhouse thread.

img10614321697.jpg
Hampstead MM

IMG_6836s.JPG
Hampstead GM

IMG_6835s.JPG
Hampstead GM

hampstead pm dazur.JPG
Hampstead PM

Hampstead%20MM%20on%20Shoulder.JPG
Hampstead MM

I use to own a Damier ebene Hampstead MM. That size is good. The GM is too big. It's a a beautiful bag but I wasn't using it, so I sold it. The bottom is stiff and sticks out a lot when it's under your arm, so I was always knocking the purse into stuff. But, it's an elegant looking purse and useful for work to carry your everyday items as well as work folders, etc.

I went into LV to look at a Verona MM (really wanted GM, but it's discontinued). It was really nice BUT it felt so structured and straps slid off my shoulders more (at longest, drop is about 9"). Then, I tried the Hampstead MM. I'm 5'4", on the curvier side, and it was perfect! The straps were cushiony. I could see why it's a heavier bag, but the drop length is about 10". For 5'4", I would get a MM. Anything bigger...it would be like a Neverfull GM with the sides cinched in.

I think MM is the best size, I've had the PM size but had to sell it cause I couldn't use it as a shoulder bag (with a jacket on it got quite hard to stay on to my shoulder). The GM looks huge, but maybe you like big bags.
Good luck!

Hi there! I went to the mall the other day to try both but they only had the MM. As much as I love it, I really want to see which one I should get. I've searched tpf but I mostly see MM. So for the GM owners out there, could you post your pic so I could finally choose? For reference, I'm 5'4 and 115 pounds (relatively thin/petite) and I want to use this as an everyday bag. Any suggestions? Thank you :heart:

I’m 5’1” and also petite. I have the MM. I have stopped using mine for awhile because it’s heavy with nothing in it. I loved it and used it for 5 years straight. It’s really a great workhorse bag and honestly goes with anything from work to night time depending on what you carry. I tend to reach for other bags now because I don’t carry as much anymore. I use it still from time to time if I need a bigger bag but I do love how indestructible it can be.