Hammitt bags

babibarbie

Sep 13, 2015
Hi!! I just got my first VIP Indigo Hammitt crossbody after reading a lot awesome reviews how these bags are! They also are not cheap! So, I wanted to know - are they a design bag? How is the quality of it?? Thank you

Hammitt has been popular here in Los Angeles for many years. Stephanie Hammitt started the company in Manhattan Beach and the corporate offices are now in Hermosa Beach. She is a fantastic and kind person. Plus her bags last forever. I have a travel duffel that I have used for over 10 years on national and international trips and it still looks brand new. If you live in the Manhattan/Hermosa Beach area, her company has had sample sales. However, as her company has grown, the sample sales have been few and far between.

I think it's amazing how much they guarantee, the lining, hardware and zippers! Ugh yes!! And the prices are amazing.

I remember working at Dillard's and a sales rep came to introduce the brand. He came to our podunk Alabama from LA and he was so kind, and gave us all little card holders, the most supple leather ever.

I'm a big fan of this brand and can't wait to get something soon!

Reactions: babibarbie
I just ordered a medium Tony with the brushed gold hardware and I cannot WAIT for it to arrive. I think I'm going to call this afternoon and see if I can add a 210 West wallet to my order (or cancel and reorder with the wallet). If the bags are anything like the promo photos then I suspect the quality is pretty impressive for the price range. Sooooo excited for my new Tony bag!

I'm loving Hammitt! I have medium VIP in black/red and it's the most buttery leather ever. I also have a large VIP in indigo blue and Drew in ceramic white. I purchased at Dillards during their black friday sale. It took me a while to start using because I've been addicted to Coach for years, but once I did I've been hooked. I just recently received Duke and this one I ordered directly from Hammitt. Wow the packaging was impressive with the gift box and presentation. I'm definitely a fan. I also love that they don't play pricing games like Coach does. If I pay full price for my Hammitt I'm not going to find it 70% off at the outlet in 3 months.

The original Gossip Girl TV series had some Hammitt bags on some of the characters which is how I learned about it. I couldn't afford them then but have a patent leather Getty bag from Hammitt I picked up at a sip&shop a few years ago. It came with both a wristlet strap and an adjustable shoulder/crossbody strap which I like. Patent leather is pretty sturdy generally so I have no complaints on how it's held up.

I've been shying away from hardware heavy bags lately so not feeling all the rivet-y bags in their line, but I think they're very solid bags.

Yes! I’ve got a 110 North, and a 495 West, and their my favorite wallets!!
I've been looking at the 110 North. It has all and exactly the features I want in a wallet. But I do wonder if the leather wears easily. It looks almost too soft, I feared it might look old fast. Since you've had it for a while, can you report how it has worn? Also how often you use it? Thanks.

I've been looking at the 110 North. It has all and exactly the features I want in a wallet. But I do wonder if the leather wears easily. It looks almost too soft, I feared it might look old fast. Since you've had it for a while, can you report how it has worn? Also how often you use it? Thanks.
Im using my wallet daily for about 3 months now and so far so good!!!! I love the magnetic close up! Leather looks fabulous! Mine is navy blue color and no discoloration or anything! I plan in to get more of their wallets soon!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: nyeredzi