hamilton is leather - not?

Aarponen

Proud & Preowned
O.G.
Apr 8, 2008
Fast Lane
I checked the tag of my gris poivre mini giant hardware pt, and it says the leather is agneau, but the bag is called hamilton PT.... I am confused.
Is hamilton really the name of the leather of hardware? The leather is just like 07 chevre, I will post you a picture asap, if you need me to, it is superdistressed, and wrinkly, slouchy, etc, just like in the good old days. I might be stupid, but I am totally confused about the new naming system and the leathers. some leathers at Bal NY seemed really structured.

cupcakequeen

Jun 15, 2010
London
That's very strange. I was under the impression that 'hamilton' referred to the leather as on the UK website it states that the material used is hamilton leather with 100% goatskin next to it in brackets. I'm not as experienced with Bal as a lot of other ladies on here so I'll let them weigh in to really clarify things but that tag seems to completely contradict itself and the website. :thinking:

CHLOEGLAMOUR

Blonde Member
O.G.
I checked the tag of my gris poivre mini giant hardware pt, and it says the leather is agneau, but the bag is called hamilton PT.... I am confused.
Is hamilton really the name of the leather of hardware? The leather is just like 07 chevre, I will post you a picture asap, if you need me to, it is superdistressed, and wrinkly, slouchy, etc, just like in the good old days. I might be stupid, but I am totally confused about the new naming system and the leathers. some leathers at Bal NY seemed really structured.
hi *A* if your bag is super distressed, it is not hamilton chevreau(the new leather for holiday collection) , but our beloved agneau (gris poivre has incredible leather this season) . .... hamilton chevre leather is grainy and thick , very similar to hermes clemence or togo ;) hope it helps !

..but if you could post pictures ,it would be great ;):graucho:

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
The Hamilton leather is Chevre; the tag says as such ...

Here's what my bag looks like .. after about 3 days of use; notice that it's not so "STIFF" anymore!!

Jira

balenciaga :)
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
It feels like thick chevre! I thought it was calf the first time I touched it. Is it from a different treatment of the leather? Or does the leather come from... sturdier goats?

northerndancer

What, me worry?
O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
The Cool Cool North
It feels like thick chevre! I thought it was calf the first time I touched it. Is it from a different treatment of the leather? Or does the leather come from... sturdier goats?
Lol. And you're right. It does not look like the same chevre as was in 05-07 bags. I have seen a few 04 and early 05 chevre bags that had that pebbled look but they looked very soft and unstructured. Here is a photo from slink's post #34 in the Black City Club of an 04 pewter black city that has that look:

Attachments

Aarponen

Proud & Preowned
O.G.
Apr 8, 2008
Fast Lane
....we've got two threads on the same subject I think....
hopefully they can be merged.
Apologies. I have not been on the forum for nearly 2 years and i have not read the thread about the leather, on my behalf this thread can be closed.

Chloeglamour, dear F, and all, thanks, I got my answer, my bag is not hamilton leather then. And I will post pictures as soon as I return home.