Halzan 31 vs Toolbox 20

spacecookies

Apr 19, 2010
Hi there,
Last Friday, I purchased my first H bag: a gold Halzan 31 with ghw.
I know it’s a very versatile and chic bag, but I’m not sure if I should keep it or exchange for another bag (probably toolbox 20 because it’s such a cute bag).
Which one should I get for my first H bag?

Obviously your first H bag should be a Birkin, not a Halzan or Toolbox. Just kidding.

You mention that the Halzan is versatile and chic but you don’t tell us why you’re already thinking of returning/exchanging it. Was there something wrong with the bag?

For the record, I think a Halzan is a lovely bag to own, especially in gold/ghw.

I'm not a big fan on the Hazlan TBH (I think it's the handles, not sure). What's feeling 'off' about the bag to you?

I think if you've gone through the whole process of choosing it, taking it home but still not feeling over the moon with it then you should be re-thinking. Such a purchase should be making you feel on top of the world. If the Toolbox is calling your name then go and check it out. There is a price difference between but it may be worth it if the Halzan is not doing it for you.

Your first bag should be the one that you love and will use.
That should be the reason you choose and buy it - not because you it should be this or that.
DBB is absolutely right. Surely the Halzan will become one of the desirable Hermes classics after a few years. Its versatility is what makes it so good.

Reactions: DB8
Hi there,
Last Friday, I purchased my first H bag: a gold Halzan 31 with ghw.
I know it’s a very versatile and chic bag, but I’m not sure if I should keep it or exchange for another bag (probably toolbox 20 because it’s such a cute bag).
Which one should I get for my first H bag?
Hello dear, only you know why you have a change heart. My personal experience is to go with your heart because obviously you are NOT that into Halzan. Good luck deciding. :hugs:

I felt the same way with my classic Chanel double flap that I bought 16 years ago. I was 21 and I would rather to have it in pink SHW than white in GHW. I was in the OC mode I guess seeing Mischa Barton carried Chanel camellia pochette in pink as a shoulder bag. I though the white would be too mature. But, my friend insisted that I should get the white one because it is caviar and it is better than pink which would look dated after we past certain age. Now, I am glad that I bought "too mature" bag because it is grown on me and I cant imagine myself carrying baby pink bag today.
I hope the Halzan will grown on you too and especially it comes from Hermes which a classic brand house and there is no way Halzan will look outdated in years to come.

Reactions: DR2014
Hi,
Thank you all for your advice.
I decided to keep my Halzan and I love it.
I wasn’t sure about keeping it first because my mom said it looked a bit too mature for me. :shocked:

If you think it looks too mature, maybe dress it up with charms (it can be other brands, not necessarily hermes) to make it more fun and young!

Halzan was my first Hermes bag as well and it will definitely last you for quite a while!

hi everyone, i am yet to get my first hermes bag and I am in love with.. halzan! I am going to paris next month and I wonder what the chances are to get one... Is it as crazy as with B or K? Or can you just walk in and walk away with it? Please give me hope! :smile:

hi everyone, i am yet to get my first hermes bag and I am in love with.. halzan! I am going to paris next month and I wonder what the chances are to get one... Is it as crazy as with B or K? Or can you just walk in and walk away with it? Please give me hope! :smile:
That's quite easy to score. My friend got an etoupe 31 from FSH after I helped her ask the SA. She didn't have any purchase history. I got the gold 31 as a walk in from the store in Cannes.
Good luck :flowers:

you can definitely walk in and walk out with the bag! no appointment needed.