Halzan 31 Color Questions!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies - I am pummeling myself trying to figure out what Halzan to save for and purchase. I initially saw a pale, almost white gray and then the most gorgeous rouge de couer which I drooled over, but couldn't pull the trigger on. After that, I have been looking at both pre-loved and thinking through Hermes colors. Is black the smartest with non-white stitching for years of wear or should I do Gris Etain or Gold? Should I stick to dark vs light? Is a bright pop of color smart or because it is a larger bag sticking with a neutral so it is easier to pair with outfits the smartest play? Help and any mod shots greatly appreciated!!!

2. #2 Dec 4, 2019 at 9:43 PM
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:48 PM
    It really depends on what you like and how you’ll use it. For me, it’s a casual daytime bag that was an upgrade from my daily green Goyard, so I was used to having a pop of color.

I tried on gris, a red, (sorry not sure the exact shade) and landed on Bleu Encre in ghw. I sometimes think darker blues can read neutral like a navy so are more versatile than say a lime or pink.

For mod shot reference I’m 6’ and was a couple months pregnant at the time.

Attached Files:

hclubfan, corezone, WKN and 1 other person like this.
  3. i got an evelyne this Fall in the Bleu Nuit and LOVE that color, but I want my Halzan to be different. These mod shots are incredibly helpful and every single one of them looked amazing on you! Thanks for the help!

4. I had a Halzan 31 in Blue Hydra. I loved the bag but the color was ultimately a bit too "specific" for me. I consigned it, as well as a later mini in Rose Pourpre which turned out to be too small for my needs.

I have been planning to get another 31 and recently scored a neutral color, which I suspect I will use significantly more often than I did the Hydra.

It's a fabulous, functional, versatile, elegant bag. I don't personally think pop vs. neutral is as important as making sure whatever color it is works with your existing wardrobe. (I do have some blue go-withs but Hydra proved to be too hard for me to pair.)

HTH, and good luck with your search!

pinkorchid20 likes this.