Halloween Costumes

Our son is going to be a fireman and hubby and I are going as his "fires" :P We got him a hat and custom fire outfit with our town's name and his name as the fire chief on the front. I bought two of these light-up foam fire wigs from Target for hubby and I and we're going to wear all black. Em's treat bag will be a bucket with confetti "water" in it this year. To say I'm excited is an understatement, he's five so this is really the first year he's been super excited.

Attachments

• 23001_main.jpg
    23001_main.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 15341648_Alt03.jpg
    15341648_Alt03.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 289
Our son is going to be a fireman and hubby and I are going as his "fires" :P We got him a hat and custom fire outfit with our town's name and his name as the fire chief on the front. I bought two of these light-up foam fire wigs from Target for hubby and I and we're going to wear all black. Em's treat bag will be a bucket with confetti "water" in it this year. To say I'm excited is an understatement, he's five so this is really the first year he's been super excited.

Omg this is absolutely adorable!!! lol Thanks so much for sharing :smile: I love that you guys are going to be the "fire" ahahaha, he's going to be so excited!! :smile: Cherish every moment!

i am actually trying to dress up as king xerxes from the 300 movies. there is no set costume. i have to be creative with my jewelry, and i'm actually looking for ideas on how to make it happen. i have been developing a list of different terms to search for jewelry on ebay. originally i thought just typing "persian jewelry" would be all that i would need to do but, it's requiring more than that. i have been looking up "leg jewelry" "arm jewelry" "head jewelry" to try and find things that would work best. i will try and insert a pic image or a link so you can see. the biggest thing that i can't seem to identify is the jewelry around his neck, and the piece that is on his chest, that seems to be a hub where a bunch of chains are attached to. i believe it may be labeled a "harness" but this search hasn't provided me any success. if anyone is familiar or has any ideas, i would love to hear them.

Attachments

• 300Xerxes.jpg
    300Xerxes.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 222
i am actually trying to dress up as king xerxes from the 300 movies. there is no set costume. i have to be creative with my jewelry, and i'm actually looking for ideas on how to make it happen. i have been developing a list of different terms to search for jewelry on ebay. originally i thought just typing "persian jewelry" would be all that i would need to do but, it's requiring more than that. i have been looking up "leg jewelry" "arm jewelry" "head jewelry" to try and find things that would work best. i will try and insert a pic image or a link so you can see. the biggest thing that i can't seem to identify is the jewelry around his neck, and the piece that is on his chest, that seems to be a hub where a bunch of chains are attached to. i believe it may be labeled a "harness" but this search hasn't provided me any success. if anyone is familiar or has any ideas, i would love to hear them.

This is an excellent idea for a costume. If you are good with needle nose pliers you could go to any jewelry supply store and buy a bunch of gold tone chains that you can then cut and reattach at different points. Perhaps put in clasps.
I guess you could also buy the chains by the yard on eBay.
Good luck! Hope you succeed and post a pic.

We don't have children, but I dress up every year. For my job, the costumes have to be very conservative, as well as child-friendly - nothing scary like witches or devils. I'm going to be a scarecrow this year. Denim overalls, plaid shirt, straw hat, and I'll wire a few random dollar store crows to my hat & shoulders. I also saw some great makeup tutorials on YouTube. Should be pretty easy.

This is an excellent idea for a costume. If you are good with needle nose pliers you could go to any jewelry supply store and buy a bunch of gold tone chains that you can then cut and reattach at different points. Perhaps put in clasps.
I guess you could also buy the chains by the yard on eBay.
Good luck! Hope you succeed and post a pic.
thank you. if i am able to pull this off, i will definitely post a pic. however, i am not good with needle nose pliers. i am, however, going to try and find a jewelry supply store. i have printed out these pictures as well. maybe if i take them in there with me and show them someone could help assist a little more....

I have a pretty dress that puts me in mind of a 50s style dress without actually being a 50s throwback. It's black and white floral with a red belt. I picked up a harlequin-style mask in matching colors. The combo is just creepy enough without being over the top and when I take off the mask, I'm still work-appropriate.

DS is going to be spiderman... as he has been for the last month. lol

I have many ideas for my halloween costumes but there is one who enjoys me to get dressed as a zombie. I think wear torn and stained with blood clothes, for the make up I will going to be inspired by Youtube tuto !

Some ideas:

anythingcanbesexyhalloween.jpg

hermes_lemming, you'll need to share pictures of your pup as bumblebee.

I'm doing a safari-Jurassic Park thing. I have a safari outfit and dinosaurs. Lol.
I only do this for work. Once a year I get to wear something completely out there and I take advantage.

Last year I was salmon sushi.