Halle Berry

OMG I think people need to lighten up ... we are way to uptight about things anymore ... not everything is "politically incorrect", an attack of some sort, a criticism ... <sigh>

I am half Jewish and my husband is fully Jewish-I don't see how this comment is offensive and I told him about it and he said the same thing. Just seems like a big tadoo about nothing to me.

I think the world today is a little paranoid. We can't make a joke, a harmless joke, because eerybody will think you're racist. But when someone like Sarah Silverman is making a really disrespectful, not funny and really disguting joke about just one person everyone's laughing.
Maybe we shouldn't really take everything so serious. It was a joke, she didn't do anything wrong for me. I think we went a little too far with what we call 'political correctness'. You can't make a harmless and funny joke these days?

whoa...whoa, whoa! Are you telling me that people actually think Sarah Silverman is funny?

I saw the photo she refers to as looking like a Jewish woman and I am disgusted by her comments about it. I would have never imagined she -who is always complaining about being discriminated against in Hollywood for being African American- would have that kind of mindset. No more Halle Berry movies in my household, I am afraid.

I see it as just a slip. Come on. For someone to say they've never laughed at a racial joke or made a slip on some stereotype is a lie. I'm definitely not racist, but I'm not perfect either and sometimes slips like that just happen, and you don't quite realize it until after the fact. She's human after all.

If she had said something like, "I'm glad I'm not Jewish or I would have a nose like that," then that would be a lot worse. What she said was just a mistake.

OK...it was a slip of the tongue - not a nice thing to say, some people would be offended (I'm not and I am Jewish) - she was right to apologize, and hopefully will watch her remarks in the future. It was not a horrible thing...just ill-advised...

I don't think this is about being politically correct or not, it's about not saying something that advances stereotypical negative ideas...there is nothing positive about what she said either...

Halle Berry, about six months pregnant, is all smiles as she drops by a friend’s house Monday morning in Santa Monica, Cali.
“I’ve loved every moment of pregnancy,” Halle recently said. “Morning sickness, hot sweats, whoopsing, everything.”
The 41-year-old maternity chic actress looked incredibly stylish in a pair of maternity jeans and a paisley top. And she’s still wearing heels!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 322
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 192