Halle Berry

I think the world today is a little paranoid. We can't make a joke, a harmless joke, because eerybody will think you're racist. But when someone like Sarah Silverman is making a really disrespectful, not funny and really disguting joke about just one person everyone's laughing.
Maybe we shouldn't really take everything so serious. It was a joke, she didn't do anything wrong for me. I think we went a little too far with what we call 'political correctness'. You can't make a harmless and funny joke these days?

Maybe we shouldn't really take everything so serious. It was a joke, she didn't do anything wrong for me. I think we went a little too far with what we call 'political correctness'. You can't make a harmless and funny joke these days?

I completely agree Karo. I feel sorry for Halle! I think we've gone politically correct crazy!

She said she was joking with her Jewish assistants or friends and they did not find it offensive. Lighten up! There is more pressing issues in the world...

Im not jewish, but my race is very similarly known for large noses had she replaced jewish with my race i totally would not be offended. its an observation, that she made a funny comment about, not an attack there is a huge difference.

I think the world today is a little paranoid. We can't make a joke, a harmless joke, because eerybody will think you're racist. But when someone like Sarah Silverman is making a really disrespectful, not funny and really disguting joke about just one person everyone's laughing.

I agree!!

To be honest, when I first read the headline (which originally said 'racist remark' before I edited it) I thought she had said something a lot worse.

What she said probably wasn't the BEST thing to say, but it's not as bad as when Jerry Lewis made a homophobic remark during his fundraiser.

Oh dear. I would never think to say that and I can't imagine why someone else would, but slips of the tongue do happen. I imagine she is sincerely apologetic.

^^ She was:

When the show aired, they cut out her 'Jewish' comment and added a laugh track to the bit."

Halle later apologised for her remarks, insisting she didn't mean any offence. She said: "I so didn't mean to offend anybody - and after the show I realised it could be seen as offensive, so I asked Jay to take it out, and he did.