Hall of Shame: Post the Ebay Fakes Here!

Yep, the Lumieres de Paris was me. :amuse: I think we determined it was an authentic example of the blue cw but that the seller somehow really threw off the color balance of the photos. I decided not to pursue, and someone did eventually buy it; I hope it was a tPFer!

I do appreciate your wanting to give sellers the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible. Thank goodness for all the resources that we do have to try to do our due diligence before purchasing.
The lumieres was an excellent example, with enough HOURS of work, you could come to a resolution
BUT seriously, the seller should be doing the heavy lifting ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad
And independent verification bonus ...
i did check my FaS in the green cw, blue tiger stripes - I too have white dots
remember the Turandot that some marks missing in the middle ... or Parures de Sam also a missing bit on the skirt...
it does help to check all the CWs, well, two of FaS are dotted

ok I love green and blue tiger ... no one else has to ...
I have the black border FaS one & mine too has dots, but in this cw they are a gold/ochre/pale yellow type colour.

Reactions: Nomad and turfnsurf
I had no idea they copied picotin! :Push:
I am no bag expert but I have seen $50-$100 versions of every style on Chinese sites - the few that I can ID - again not a bag person - Halzan, plume, bolide, all Bs, Ks - any size and leather, jypsiere, all the picotins, evelyne, Constance, I recognize more styles but dont know the names

I go there to do due diligence on the latest scarf fakes