Halfmoon or Classic WOC

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Hi all! My DH surprised me with an adorable blue patent WOC because he heard me talking about how much I wanted one. Anyhow, little did he know that I had my heart set on a Halfmoon! Last summer I saw a halfmoon and decided that was the WOC for me since it's a bit roomier, but didn't give it much more thought knowing that I wouldn't have one for a while.

Now that i've returned the blue patent, and have scanned dozens of WOC pages on tPF, i'm really confused. I def LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the quilted WOCs (esp the Chevron), but my main thing is that I need as much space as possible in a small bag. Last summer I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted a half-moon WOC since it would fit my essentials and still be super small and cross-body. However, I don't like the look of the half-moon nearly as much, although if I have one, I KNOW I'll love it!

Anyhow, if space is my *main* issue (I already have a mini and don't need another for this purpose) is the halfmoon my best bet? Would it be silly for me to get a quilted WOC as they clearly don't hold as much? I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger, so to speak.

They are sending me a dark silver halfmoon, so when that arrives I can see what it fits. I also like the idea of the halfmoon because it's a little smooshier. When I'm out with my kids I always notice my bags banging them in the head! LOL!

Any feedback from you lovely ladies would be great!
THANK YOU!

I love both but halfmoon has more room than woc. I cant put keys ( car, remote car, house, businnes) to my classic woc but halfmoon can do. Halfmoon doesnt has lovely color

Get a Half Moon WOC! I was in a similar situation before when I couldn't decide between a classic or half moon WOC. At first the half moon did not visually appeal to me the same way as the classic, but after browsing through some modelling pics on tpf, I fell in love! I picked one up in beige clair and it's so delightfully smooshy and very roomy! Good luck with your decision!

I was tossing up the different WOC options as well. I liked the classic quilts but I already have a classic flap bag. I ended up settling for a classic shaped WOC but with the camellia embossing instead for something a little different, but still similar at the same time (in regards to the shape).

Good luck with deciding!

I could have started this thread myself! I really want a WOC to use when I'm on cruises, but it has to be big enough to fit my sunglasses during the day. I love the look of the classic quilted bags so that is what I was drawn to initially but from pictures I've looked at here it seemed like the half moon held more. I was actually at Chanel today to look at them and the SA confirmed that the half moon definitely held more so I think that's the one I'll end up getting. I agree with the poster who said the half moon doesn't come in the pretty colors like the other styles, but since I'll get a neutral color that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I look forward to is seeing what you get!

I have a half moon woc and I love it. I like how the closure is so easy to get in an out of with the magnetic versus a snap closure. I like how smooshy and soft the texture is and how it is durable caviar but still has a nice soft feeling to it. Ultimately I went with this style since I have to carry 2 large phones (work and personal) and car keys and I could not fit all of these in the regular WOC. These items fit easily in the half moon plus there is extra space. I think it looks more like a small bag versus an actual wallet attached to a chain.

I could have started this thread myself! I really want a WOC to use when I'm on cruises, but it has to be big enough to fit my sunglasses during the day. I love the look of the classic quilted bags so that is what I was drawn to initially but from pictures I've looked at here it seemed like the half moon held more. I was actually at Chanel today to look at them and the SA confirmed that the half moon definitely held more so I think that's the one I'll end up getting. I agree with the poster who said the half moon doesn't come in the pretty colors like the other styles, but since I'll get a neutral color that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I look forward to is seeing what you get!

You too!!

I have a half moon woc and I love it. I like how the closure is so easy to get in an out of with the magnetic versus a snap closure. I like how smooshy and soft the texture is and how it is durable caviar but still has a nice soft feeling to it. Ultimately I went with this style since I have to carry 2 large phones (work and personal) and car keys and I could not fit all of these in the regular WOC. These items fit easily in the half moon plus there is extra space. I think it looks more like a small bag versus an actual wallet attached to a chain.

What color(s) do you have? It sounds like half moon is def for me. I think I noticed what you said too, that it looks a little more like a small bag.

Now I'm getting excited for mine to come in the mail!!! Next decision...colors! Dark silver or jean?? To e continued...

Would love feedback from others too!

What color(s) do you have? It sounds like half moon is def for me. I think I noticed what you said too, that it looks a little more like a small bag.

Now I'm getting excited for mine to come in the mail!!! Next decision...colors! Dark silver or jean?? To e continued...

Would love feedback from others too!

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you think about it. I only have 1 and it's a burgundy color. My husband gave it to me for our anniversary. Here is a quick pic I had him snap of my bag and BV boots when we celebrated our anniversary. I think dark silver would be lovely! I am very short so I took a little piece of dental floss and tied the chain together at one edge to "shorten" it in a sense. I just tuck the extra chain into the bag.

Attachments

• halfmoon - Copy.JPG
    halfmoon - Copy.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 2,169
Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you think about it. I only have 1 and it's a burgundy color. My husband gave it to me for our anniversary. Here is a quick pic I had him snap of my bag and BV boots when we celebrated our anniversary. I think dark silver would be lovely! I am very short so I took a little piece of dental floss and tied the chain together at one edge to "shorten" it in a sense. I just tuck the extra chain into the bag.

Not sure which I love more...the boots or the bag! Love the burgundy!

I want mine mainly for summer so while I love pewter/dark silver, I think it may be too dark for summer. I guess when I get it I'll have a better idea!

Thanks for posting your photo!