Half Up, Half Down, Hair Styles for Wedding....

MissyBaby

Sep 19, 2006
Kentucky
I'm getting married sometime within the next 16 months. Our date is set for December 2009, but we are trying to move up our date, it's a long story but it has to do with the house we're going to live in....

Anyway, I have a dress already. It's white with lots of beading and a like....ribbon sash thing that goes around the top on the bottom. It's gorgeous.

Now, my hair used to be really really long and I cut it when I started College. I miss my long hair. So I'm going to let my hair grow back out or get extensions put it for the wedding. I want a half up half down hairstyle.

I was wondering if any of ya'll could give me some ideas.

Kittie LaRoche

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Supernova Heights
First of all: Congrats! :yahoo:

What does the top your dress look like? I think what hairstyle you should choose depends a lot on that factor :yes: You don't want to much going on, kwim? I was at a wedding once where the bride wore a long-sleeve dress, her hair down, a tiara plus a veil, it was the total overkill :wacko:

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
um, guys? Stop w/ the mob mentailty now please. You've pretty much beat it to death.
If you can't contribute to the thread, don't post.

illinirdhd

O.G.
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
For my wedding, I wore my hair exactly like I wear it every day. I didn't want my pictures to look like someone else, KWIM? My makeup was a little heavier for the sake of looking good in pictures, but I wanted to look and feel like myself!

The pictures posted above are beautiful though! Whatever you decide, make sure you do a "dress rehearsal" before the big day - hair, makeup, dress, veil, shoes, jewelry. You don't want to put it all together on your wedding day and feel like something just isn't right.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
take your vitamins! :biggrin:
Mine grows ridiculously fast, I'm half afraid to try a true hairstyle because it would grow out so fast and I don't make time to go for cuts regularly enough already.
Hair pieces/extensions could make a huge difference for one night only.

illinirdhd

O.G.
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
take your vitamins! :biggrin:
Mine grows ridiculously fast, I'm half afraid to try a true hairstyle because it would grow out so fast and I don't make time to go for cuts regularly enough already.
Hair pieces/extensions could make a huge difference for one night only.
I do! It's weird, my nails grow like bad weeds, but my hair is pretty whimpy!