Hairspray (July 20)

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
200px-Hairspray2007poster.JPG

W2T60s.jpg

I can't wait to see this!

I haven't seen the Broadway musical, but I have seen the 1988 John Waters movie . . . the one with Ricki Lake and Sony Bono and Divine.

i was excited about this forever ago when i read it was going into production, then i forgot about it, then i saw a commercial (a long teaser) just yesterday...

OMG. it seems so fun.

the commercial had this really great voice over that something along the lines of:

remember when movies made you dream?

made you sing?

made you get up and dance?

and it TOTALLY took me back to being a kid when movies were neat and exciting and special...not the bs they call movies now. i hope it's good!

I was fortunate enough to score a pass for an advance screening of Hairspray and saw it this past Wednesday night.

I LOVED it!

I haven't seen it in any form before, so I can't compare, but my mom saw it on stage last year and really liked it, and she really enjoyed the film as well.

i saw it on broadway last year and was blown away. it was an amazing show. i know i'm going to go see the movie but honestly i hate the cast and i've heard some of the soundtrack and i don't think they did it as well. i guess i'm just biased to the broadway play :P

I love the cast for this movie. I can't wait to see John Travolta and Michelle Pfeiffer (who never ages). If you haven't see the original John Waters movie, it's great. It wasn't "hollywood-ized" yet. Plus it had Divine in it.