hair pieces for volume...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have the world's FLATTEST hair. EVER. My mom used to curl my hair every day because she didn't like it (mean I know!). My mom's family is Jewish and has all sorts of lovely curls, but I inherited my dad's Irish, straight, fine, hair.

Curls DO NOT hold unless I'm doing the Shirley Temple/Irish dancer curls, which I'm pretty sure is not a look you want to go for past the age of 8. They only hold because of the HUMONGOUS amounts of hairspray used to create such a style.

My hair is layered, I use volumizing shampoo, I use a round brush, I've tried the curlers thing, and NOTHING makes my hair stay longer than about an hour. It'll look good for then, then it's back to basic.

I'm wondering if there are products out there similar to hair extensions, but not exactly, that will hold the volume in place...such as hair "cages" (i've heard about) or other things similar?

I found this product, but it seems to make the hair a little higher than I'd like...a little too '80s and early '90s!
    http://thinnyhairholder.com/default.htm

but someone HAS to make something similar right? I mean to do all the stars hair?

2. hey, well it says you live in New York. If you know how to move around brooklyn. You can go to the hair salons were they buy wigs and weave. I am sure they can help u find something

3. oh that is kinda neat!

I have the same irish hair - Redkin makes some good products, spray starch and hot sets and they really help the heat 'set' curls if you want to keep trying to curl it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.