Hair & makeup for this dress? Help!

saccharinity

Feb 10, 2008
I have a pretty ritzy wedding to attend the end of this month, its 7pm with reception to follow.

So this is the dress I bought for the occasion but I am not sure how I should style my hair (up, down curly straight?) or what kind of makeup situation I should have going on (like what color eye shadow, bold lips, I don't know!)

That is me in my icon, I have long blonde hair and green eyes if that matters. Also the reception is at a country club if that matters. I am also wearing off-white/cream/eggshell type shoes and a vintage evening bag done in all pearls if that matters as well.

Please help me ladies, I am lost!

Hair down and wavy would be a lovely and slightly more casual look, hair up would look more dressy -- but either will work with that dress. (pretty, by the way) I would go with smokey gray shadow on the eyes, and a neutrally pink lip.

i'd do the hair down with pretty beachy waves or loose curls. maybe a cute clip or hair accessory to make it dressier. as for make up, i agree with everyone else. smokey eye with a nude lip and a little pop of color on the cheeks.

Hair -- straightened, sleek, untied, let some hair rest at front of shoulders. Optional brown lowlights to give your hair some definition.
Eyes -- smoky eyes, use a blend of silver, chrome, and deep purple, check out Bare Escentuals' Rocker Eye set. Remove glasses, wear contacts
Lips -- sheer bright red lip gloss

Stay away from gold eyeshadow, as that'll just disappear right into your skin tone.

Last edited:
I personally would do something like this (for hair and makeup):
DIANE+KRUGER.jpg

I think hair down, curly or wavy.
Smokey gray eyes, not too dark.
Lips pink gloss. (I don't like bold, but it might look good on you.)
Your vintage bag sounds perfect! I collect vintage bags!