Hair Extensions/Weaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long period of time, dont you start to lose your real hair because of extensions/weaves??
This is not necessarily true.
I've been doing a couple of my friend's extensions for years and I've yet to see any hair loss or thinning.
I think they are great and can look very natural. If you can purchase the hair yourself and if you know someone personally who can put them in for you professionally, you're set.

I have extensions for more than 3 years now and I always use the great-length extension which have ceratin bondings who are put on by ultrasound. They are the most expensive on the market but they also are the best as they don't damage your own hair. It's not more work than with regular long hair as you treat them the same (brushing twice a day, washing every 2 days with always using a conditioner). Every 2 months I go for a check up and my hairdresser trims the bondings. They can stay in for 6-8 months. At the beginning I had the full extensions with 150 streaks, now 3 years later my own hair has grwon to the length of the extension and therefor I have just 100 streaks which is called a compacting.
I can just suggest it to anyone who wants to have long hair but just when you use great-lengths or hairdrems who use realy hair from Indian females and have the ceratin bondings.
All cheaper methods like weaving etc hurt your own hair and will cause damage to it.
Here's the hp: www.greatlengths.net

I love clip ins. I had fusions for about 8 months and they wrecked my hair. They are super high maintenance and expensive. My hair was so weak and straggly when I took them out. Clip ins have allowed my hair to grow out healthily, while still giving me that sexy rockstar hair!

The only method I can say for certain that do NOT harm your hair from personal experience are the hairlocs method of extensions. It's not glue, braiding, weaving, and requires no heat etc... It's copper bands (like microlocks). I did a ton of research and saw the woman who did my extensions do a removal and the woman's hair was fabulous. She was putting them back in but switching colors. She had added highlights. If you get the right extensions it will not damage your hair or pul it out. If you use GOOD hair then it won't tangle. Mine never does but I also have European hair as opposed to the Indian hair which is thicker and more coarse. Not sure if that tangles. One thing I do is sleep with it in a pony tail and I wake up with fab hair. Run a brush through it and it's nothing! None have slipped or fallen out! But like I said earlier YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If you are going to do it then do it right the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.