Hair extensions.. Glued or tied in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much were the cinderella ones?? and what are those?
When I had the Cinderella ones and they are bonded keratin hair extensions, they were $75.00 per bag and I had six bags in my hair on my initial first appointment. Each bag contains 25 extensions. Each extension is $3.00 to put in.........so

$75.00 x 6= $450.00
25 x 6= 150 extensions at $3.00 each for application= $450.00

So.......$900.00 + tip

That was just the first time tho......every time you go back, they take OUT the old ones for $2.00 per extension and then charge $3.00 to put in a new one AND Cinderella extensions can't be reused, so you also have to purchase additional bags prior to even going in to your upkeep appointments.

It gets VERY expensive very fast because they do not last as long as the hairdresser tells you at your initial appt. I felt like I was constantly going in and dropping $500 every couple of weeks. But, everyone is different.

I'm a hairstylist here in the OC and in my Salon we use the SoCAP extensions which are the keratin bond ones. You have to consider the type of hair as well if you are african american then braiding them in and sewing them in is not questionable because of the texture of the hair. Caucasian womans hair is not as course and therefore there may be breakage.

I currently have them in right now. There are over 85 different colors as well as being able to make them half and half (hald blonde half brown etc. They last 4 to 5 months. Price wise we charge by the bundle. Each bundle contains 10 strands of hair and is $40. I used 8 bundles to add length to my hair. Time wise we charge $100 an hour. Here is a before and after pic...

Before:
l_8463ca5082fec51483f0f240cb3bb428.jpg

After:
l_bda2a109de95030697632f0e0c186120.jpg

I use Hairlocs extensions. The don't use glue and they are not sewn in. They are clamped in with copper rods. I LOVE these. The hair is good for a full year and it's fabulous. No one ever knows I have them and my hair has not been damaged at all from them. They are not cheap though. For my full-head it was close to $3K. SOOOO worth it though!

I have used the sewn in method before and it DID damage my hair! I know everyone says it's safe but in my experience it's not!

Good Luck!

good lawrd DO NOT GET SEWN IN HAIR!!! lmao get it bonded/glued

i had extensions "sewn" and my goodness! the braids hurt like hell and then they sew the hair with a needle. it looked good, until days later when it was time to take it out.

My hair smelt like CRAP, and there was flakes EVERYWHERE!! i cannot tell you how grossed and creaped out taking those things out. (Shudders)

please, please, please stay away from braided! worst idea ever!!

ps. IT WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR!!

Good luck !
Stupid question here : why do you use extensions ? is it because you want long hair but it´s too long to grow or any other reasons ?
I have very long hair, in the middle of my back, but I have been considering extensions, to add more thickness and volume. But wow how expensive it is....I can´t believe it....
I didn´t see good results with sew-on extensions, a lot of girls have extensions in general overhere, all blondes though.(I have dark brown hair)

Good luck !
Stupid question here : why do you use extensions ? is it because you want long hair but it´s too long to grow or any other reasons ?
I have very long hair, in the middle of my back, but I have been considering extensions, to add more thickness and volume. But wow how expensive it is....I can´t believe it....
I didn´t see good results with sew-on extensions, a lot of girls have extensions in general overhere, all blondes though.(I have dark brown hair)

you can get extensions for many reasons but mostly it's for adding length as well as volume because mainly when one grows out hair....you start to realize that as it gets longer it starts to thin out abit as well...so you basically lose alot of volume that you once had....so with extensions you can get both. Also some people get it to better the health of their hair...for instance a best friend of mine had to chop off most of her hair because of constant bleaching and she hated having her hair short so she got extensions put in and her hair grew in much healthier and she didn't have to go through that awkward growing out stage...where your hair just looks like a mess after it passes your chin.

Since your is in the middle of your back...i'd recommend you get abit of a trim and bring it up to alittle under the shoulders and just add extensions to make your hair alittle longer or to bring it to where it was before the initial haircut and it'll add volume to your hair as well. Oh and I'd recommend http://www.hairextensions.com/product.php?productid=11&cat=0&page=1 these....they are amazing clip-in human hair extensions...so easy to put on and style. And since they are human hair...you can style them anyway you'd like...plus they are affordable and last a real long time..I've had mine for 9 months now and they're perfect..I can't imagine a day without them. Plus I'd recommend you take them with you to your hairstylist and ask them to cut it for you so it blends in with your hair...cause the hair is pretty straight and just bleh...no layers, etc...in it at all. good luck and let me know if you need anymore info..i've used every type of hair extension under the sun including jessica simpsons clip-in kinda and paris hiltons glued in ones and nothing compares to these clip-ins.:yahoo:

When I had the Cinderella ones and they are bonded keratin hair extensions, they were $75.00 per bag and I had six bags in my hair on my initial first appointment. Each bag contains 25 extensions. Each extension is $3.00 to put in.........so

$75.00 x 6= $450.00
25 x 6= 150 extensions at $3.00 each for application= $450.00

So.......$900.00 + tip

That was just the first time tho......every time you go back, they take OUT the old ones for $2.00 per extension and then charge $3.00 to put in a new one AND Cinderella extensions can't be reused, so you also have to purchase additional bags prior to even going in to your upkeep appointments.

It gets VERY expensive very fast because they do not last as long as the hairdresser tells you at your initial appt. I felt like I was constantly going in and dropping $500 every couple of weeks. But, everyone is different.

I'm using clip ins at the moment but I loved the Cinderella extensions. They last me six months but since I had hair damage from the hairdressers my hair had to go shorter. So they didnt last long but I did get four months from them.:yes:

you can get extensions for many reasons but mostly it's for adding length as well as volume because mainly when one grows out hair....you start to realize that as it gets longer it starts to thin out abit as well...so you basically lose alot of volume that you once had....so with extensions you can get both. Also some people get it to better the health of their hair...for instance a best friend of mine had to chop off most of her hair because of constant bleaching and she hated having her hair short so she got extensions put in and her hair grew in much healthier and she didn't have to go through that awkward growing out stage...where your hair just looks like a mess after it passes your chin.

Since your is in the middle of your back...i'd recommend you get abit of a trim and bring it up to alittle under the shoulders and just add extensions to make your hair alittle longer or to bring it to where it was before the initial haircut and it'll add volume to your hair as well. Oh and I'd recommend http://www.hairextensions.com/product.php?productid=11&cat=0&page=1 these....they are amazing clip-in human hair extensions...so easy to put on and style. And since they are human hair...you can style them anyway you'd like...plus they are affordable and last a real long time..I've had mine for 9 months now and they're perfect..I can't imagine a day without them. Plus I'd recommend you take them with you to your hairstylist and ask them to cut it for you so it blends in with your hair...cause the hair is pretty straight and just bleh...no layers, etc...in it at all. good luck and let me know if you need anymore info..i've used every type of hair extension under the sun including jessica simpsons clip-in kinda and paris hiltons glued in ones and nothing compares to these clip-ins.:yahoo:
Very cool, thanks for the advice. Yes my hair are quite thin. Long and shiny and healthy...but thin.
To be honest I had no idea you could buy and put extensions on yourself. I thought only professional.
On that website for clip-ons they say "do not sleep or swim with them"...do not sleep ???? are you supposed to do the procedure every morning ????

You can buy the clip on extension cheaper than that, and if you are really wanting to go cheaper, you can make them yourself. I did it for a friend before. Sally's sells the Clips.

Mellecyn, the reason why you take them out each night it because you don't want it to put pressure on your real hair and roots and cause damage. They also probably say don't swim in them cause the chlorine will damage the extension just like you REAL hair.

Ive had hair extensions in for the past 4 years, i used to use great lengths but for the past 2 years ive been using hair dreams and i LOVE them. They usually last me about 5-6 months and look just as good the day i remove them as the day i got them put it.( i am very good to my hair). My natural hair is not damaged at all from them, and i initially got my extensions put in since i cut my hair to short and have been addicted ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.