Hair Dye Stain... HELP!!!

Natty2Bratty

Jul 22, 2009
I was wearing my pale yellow Parker Hippie when I went to get my hair done yesterday! I thought it would be safe where I put her but when I was leaving I noticed some of the dark brown, nearly black, hair dye had gotten splashed on my bag. It is just a couple spots but they are right on the front of the bag. As soon as I got home I tried some of the Coach cleaner I had on hand. It helped-ish but the spots are still very noticeable!

The girl that does my hair is a good friend of mine and has been for many years therefore it is not worth even mentioning it to her since I know it wasn't intentional and there's nothing she can really do about it at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this out??? Thanks in advance for all of your help and suggestions!!!!

Thanks I hope so too! I too have seen the Apple products mentioned but have seen posts suggesting not to use the cleaner because it strips the bag of the color... that would be just as bad!!!

This happened to me about a year ago. It was an older bag, but a friend of mine suggested that I go to Sally's Beauty store and they have a product that helps remove hair dye stains. I never tried it because it was an older bag and the stains were pretty small, but it's worth a shot.

I used the apple cleaner and moisturizer on my yellow parker hippie...I used it sparingly and didn't have color removal from the cleaner.

Good luck!

Oh, that's awful--I'm so sorry. That's one of my biggest fears when I get my hair done (which is like, once every year and a half, so obviously I don't have to face that fear much, lol). I always just carry in my keys and then get my wallet out of my car when they are finished because I worry about something getting on my bag. I had a stylish ruin a shirt I loved when she was highlighting my hair once--but that was bleach (because I get blonde highlights), so perhaps brown hair dye would be easier to correct on material or leather... I'm not sure. I'm sorry that happened :sad:

I won't lecture you on how you should never bring a good bag to the beauty shop, especially when there's hair color involved!! However, once in awhile my hairdresser uses something on my hair, when I get too much color buildup, that actually removes the haircolor from my hair so maybe there's some kind of product that might work? Just a wild guess.
Best wishes, Babysnowflake

Thank you so much for all of your advice and support. I tried a little more cleaner last night with no luck. I'll try Sally's and let everyone what if anything works just in case you're ever in the same situation!

if this were on a hard surface, i would think alcohol might work because it works on permanent marker (again, on a hard , nonporous surface). does anyone know what a tiny amount of alcohol on a qtip would do on parker leather?? would it remove the dye?would it remove the yellow?? obviously, there is risk to the leather, is there anyway you could try a test qtip on an old bag to see about the alcohol??