Hair Dye on vachetta!!

girlinthemoon

Obsessed!
Aug 9, 2009
I got my hair colored today and the shampoo girl got a big blob of hair dye on my azur NF! :wtf: She then starts wiping it (and the vachetta) with a wet rag, and I was like Noo:huh:Ooooo!

Anyway, I got the stain off the canvas, but there's a darkened spot on the vachetta. It's not *that* noticeable, but still. Should I complain? (I have to go back for a tip b/c they were cash only and I only had my debit card) Or just not go back and tip? I'm so upset. :crybaby:

OMG I would freak out!! Maybe discretely say something to the manager... I don't know. It was an accident, but the fact that she WIPED! it, now that's not good!

I'm not sure if I'd complain, but I'm personally a little passive - I'd definitely forego the tip though ! :-s I know it was probably an accident, but it would bother me quite a bit !

How was everything otherwise?

I'm not sure if I'd complain, but I'm personally a little passive - I'd definitely forego the tip though ! :-s I know it was probably an accident, but it would bother me quite a bit !

How was everything otherwise?

Meh, I'm sure it's fine, but I can't even think about what my hair looks like.
It was my first time there, and probably my last. I'm not at all vain about my hair, so I'm fine with it. Not skipping back to work with delight or anything, but not disappointed with the cut or color itself.

Maybe I just won't go back and tip. I'm a wimp and don't want to make a scene. Esp since it's a small smudge, but that's not the point. That's not their place to decide what's an appropriate stain on MY bag!

I am sorry this happened to your bag.

I believe that you share in the responsibility for this incident--just like the poster a day or so ago with the dog that chewed her bag http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...uitton-repair-purses-eaten-by-dog-607000.html --you knew you were going in a salon for color and doing your bag is at risk.

I would still tip the shampoo-er but probably only half of what I normally give.

And, ladies if you must take your bag in the salon with you, please don't be afraid to ask for a plastic bag for your bag or simply take another cover-up and wrap your bag and hold it on your lap.

Last edited:
It was across the salon! I told the shampooer I was putting my bag on a bench, she said "no, let me" and took it -- which is when she got the dye on it. She had it on her hands when she handled it. Then she proceeded to make it worse when she got it all wet.

You're entitled to your opinion, but blaming the victim seems wrong. It's not like I had it on my lap while they were doing my hair.

If you went to a restaurant and the server said "oh, let me move your bag for you", to avoid getting something on it; and in the process he stained it -- would that be your fault? Same scenario, IMO.

OR not ever driving because I MIGHT get into an accident.

Sorry about your experience. However, I'd still say tip appropriately if you are happy with her work.

I wouldn't bring a favorite bag to a hair appointment at all. Just cash in pocket. Salons can be dangerous places for nice bags and I honestly think that people should foresee the possibility of an accident happening and leave their bags home or cover them with a plastic bag, newspaper or something similar.

It was across the salon! I told the shampooer I was putting my bag on a bench, she said "no, let me" and took it -- which is when she got the dye on it. She had it on her hands when she handled it. Then she proceeded to make it worse when she got it all wet.

You're entitled to your opinion, but blaming the victim seems wrong. It's not like I had it on my lap while they were doing my hair.

If you went to a restaurant and the server said "oh, let me move your bag for you", to avoid getting something on it; and in the process he stained it -- would that be your fault? Same scenario, IMO.

This changes everything. I'd have to say something to her about it, not to her manager, but to her directly.

Ok, forget this post. I was hoping to get some sympathy. It is what it is.

I walk everywhere, what am I supposed to do? Never take my bags out of the house because it MIGHT get damaged by someone else; which inherently makes it my fault for using it?

Give me a break. Thought ladies here, who spend a lot on their bags, might sympathize with me. I guess everyone is holier than thou and never evvvvver do anything where their bags may be damaged by others.

Omg this reminds me of the mysterious stain on my Azur Galliera on the vachetta by the rings!! I took my bag to the salon with me when I got color, highlites and toner!!!

:wtf::wtf::wtf: I didn't notice the droplet till a couple of days after my visit and when I did I blamed it on DH, just cuz I had no idea how it happened....... Now I'm starting to think it happened at the salon.

I showed it to my SA and he said that once the bag patinas I won't be able to see it.

But yea I tried it all, baby wipe, Mr.Clean Magic eraser nothing its there for good.

Ok, forget this post. I was hoping to get some sympathy. It is what it is.

I walk everywhere, what am I supposed to do? Never take my bags out of the house because it MIGHT get damaged by someone else; which inherently makes it my fault for using it?

Give me a break. Thought ladies here, who spend a lot on their bags, might sympathize with me. I guess everyone is holier than thou and never evvvvver do anything where their bags may be damaged by others.

Hey no I hear ya!! You can't control everyone and everything around you. And whats the point of having nice bags if you can't wear them!!

I honestly didn't notice when and where the mysterious droplet got on mine so I have no one to blame, but you CLEARLY saw her, I would say something right way like call the salon right now and tell them everything.

Not sure what they would do but it doesnt hurt to try. Post a pic if you can so I can see the severity of it.

Bottom line she should have never handled your bag PERIOD!

Hey now, no one is holier than thou and I was about to ask if you had a pic of how bad the stain is? I dunno, this is a bad spot for you to be in. She knew she made the spot, right? She probably has noooo idea how expensive you bag is. I guess it's up to you if you want to try and have them pay for damage to it or if you just want to eat it and hopefully the patina will someday cover it. I assume you didn't treat your vachetta and it soaked in? You could try a cleanser by lovinmybags.com and see if that would help. Other than having the straps replaced, I don't know what else you could do but that sucks big time and I would be very upset myself!

I would just not go back. I think yelling at the girl probably won't make a difference since she didn't think it would be necessary to wipe her hands in the first place.

I'm sorry it happened. Good news is that the mark may blend in with the vachetta as she turns. Marks on our bags is painful but they are bound to happen. Try to not let it worry you so much :hugs: