Hair Dye on vachetta!!

It was across the salon! I told the shampooer I was putting my bag on a bench, she said "no, let me" and took it -- which is when she got the dye on it. She had it on her hands when she handled it. Then she proceeded to make it worse when she got it all wet.

You're entitled to your opinion, but blaming the victim seems wrong. It's not like I had it on my lap while they were doing my hair.

If you went to a restaurant and the server said "oh, let me move your bag for you", to avoid getting something on it; and in the process he stained it -- would that be your fault? Same scenario, IMO.

OR not ever driving because I MIGHT get into an accident.

Calm down. Good heavens you didn't provide all this detail in your first post.

In this case, yes it is indeed the salon's fault 100%. In my head I envisioned your bag sitting with you or on the bench next to you.

Either way I would still leave a tip.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.
A lot of people are clueless about vachetta, and how much LV bags cost. I hope she was very apologetic about what she did, LV bag or not, she ruined someone's property and I think she should have asked you about moving the bag, instead of taking it upon herself to do it.
I took my speedy once to a salon, and covered it with a shoe bag that I carry all the time, in case I'm out and it rains, or I have to go to places where vachetta can get wrecked. But today I was stupid enough to grab my speedy after putting sunblock on, so now my perfect patina is ruined anyway. Oh well, we live and learn and we move on and continue to enjoy our bags, stains and all.

I've brought my Mono bags to the salon before but I'm close with my stylist so she lets me keep my purse with hers (with her stuff on her hook, tucked away).
I haven't brought my light colored bags (Azur or White MC) because I'm also afraid of dark dye or any color for that matter somehow splashing or dripping on them.
I'm so sorry that happened!!!!! I would keep trying the white eraser or google removing stains from vachetta.

I went blackish brown, so it is dark.

Thanks to those who sympathize. I'm not going to make a fuss. I just can't bring myself to go back in there. The only part of the dye that got on the vachetta came from her wiping it on there. It's a dark smudge now, like dirt. I showed girls at work and they looked at me like I was crazy. But they're not into bags.

The owner did come by and see if everything was ok, but what can I say? There was nothing he could do, what's done is done.

I still want to cry. This was an expensive place in Gold Coast!

That's awful! I wouldn't tip either, that was her fault. She should not have touched your bag. I'm lucky enough to live around the corner from my salon, so I never bring a bag. And now my friend is going to do my hair, so my bag would be with hers at the salon she works at, or away in her room if she does it at her house.

I'm sure if she didn't wipe it, it would've been easier to get off. Of course it had to be dark dye, that's just terrible.

I came back to the thread to see what other responses were, and I see the added info you gave! You should have said that in the first place:
It was across the salon! I told the shampooer I was putting my bag on a bench, she said "no, let me" and took it -- which is when she got the dye on it. She had it on her hands when she handled it. Then she proceeded to make it worse when she got it all wet.

She is 100% responsible for the bag. I'm sorry but an expensive bag that was carelessly picked up by someone else, without your permission, with clearly dirty hands, should be either replaced or fixed by that person! My advice to everyone, and not just for this situation, but for most is this:
Why complain if you're not going to do anything about the situation.
This isn't an attack on you, so don't be offended. I tell this to my bf too when he's hungry but doesn't want to make anything.

I think you should go back and tell them what happened. You have every right to.

Girlinthemoon - Go to LV, get an estimate for the damage and have the salon pay for it. That's it! Don't worry about tip or not wanting to make a fuss. Someone damaged your bag for which you paid good money. Get it resolved, it was their fault completely!

Hey girlinthemoon,

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you and your gorgeous purse. I completely empathize with you and know that I would be obsessing about the spot (no matter what the size was) from now until the end of time. I definitely would not bother to tip the individual at fault...it wasn't intentional on her part, but she really had no business touching anyone's bag if she was working with chemicals. I also would probably find another hair salon if you are not "married" to that particular one. Asking them to pay for the damage is probably not going to happen (as that will leave them wide open to other types of incidents) and going back would just leave a bad taste in my mouth. I am not sure if anything can be done for your bag (I am glad to hear that you got if off the canvas at least), but I do hope you continue to enjoy it as you did before. Stay strong ;)

I agree that by taking something of value like a handbag or wearing expensive clothes into a salon you have to accept the risk that a stray drop of dye or something might get on it. I wore brand new jeans to my salon once and ended up with a bleached-white spot on the dark denim. Nowdays I don't wear anything I'd be upset about if it got stained, including bags. It's commonsense really, but a lot of people wouldn't think about it - in fact my hairdresser once told me that some people will even wear a WHITE TURTLENECK when they go in to have their hair DYED!!

Having said that though, your situation is a little different - she really should NOT have handled your bag with dye on her hands!! :wtf::faint:

Last edited: