Hair Do How To's

blushingbaby said:
aww great tutorial! i am a teasing fan nowadays! and a rat tail comb does work best...i spray hairspray under too to keep the volume (or use mousse beforehand)

yeah, i forgot to add that rattail combs are easier (for me anyway) i was just too lazy to look for mine. :supacool:

(hrm...lazy seems to be the common denominator in my posts...i should probably work on that. :yes:)

this is great, thanks to everyone for sharing! i will need a little more practise before i can get it right. i like to put up my hair often but because i don't have a good head shape, i don't.

efusik said:
This approach sounds like it's better for my hair. There doesn't seem to be any teasing involved. I can't wait for pics!

No there is no teasing involved. And it's so easy and it takes like 10min to do. Once i can get my pic's resized i will post them.

Danica said:
How did you get it all pretty in the back? since its not in a ponytail. I like what you did there.:love:
aw thanks! it is in a pony tail though. you can kind of see the elastic in the side view (it's just underneath the camera) i just have relatively short, VERY floofy hair that hides elastics well. you could make one of those "messy bun" things or on on the last pass through the elastic only pull your pony through half way so you get a kind of chigon thing....both hide elastics well (messy bun more than chigon) and i do both A LOT. clear elastics (the silicone ones with no fabric over them) also work really well when you don't want your pony holder to be seen. goody makes good ones. sephora has them too.

when my hair is longer i sometimes take a piece of hair from the side and wrap it around the elastic to hide. just stick bobby pin through the end of the underneath or side to make the piece of hair stay.

i'm glad my boredom was helpful for everyone! ;)

Thanks for that!! I get it now! hehe well it looks great! I didn't get a chance to try it today because I got up too late for work..but tomorrow its on!! (I have to straighten my dumb curly hair tho.) I'll letcha know how it goes.

ilzabet, that's awesome! I tried it today, but with a bun, and it looked really chic and sexy. Thanks!!! I never knew that's how it was done...thought some girls were just born with that body. :smile:

ilzabet said:
i'm way bored...lucky you. :flowers:

i'm going to preface this post with i forgot how hard it is to take pictures of yourself. :yes:

here's a how to article on backcombing/teasing. How To Tease Hair!

start with hair down and dry....if you're doing this to actually leave the house, you'll probably want to straighten it first and add some product (texturizer or shine serum so it doesn't look as dry. i like biosilk and joico bouncy curls)
PICT0003.jpg

gather a section and tease the heck out of it (this was where i was having issues taking pictures of myself, hence the face.)
PICT0005.jpg

it will end up looking something like this
PICT0006.jpg

pull it back into a ponytail...high or low depends on the look you want and how long your hair is.
PICT0007-1.jpg

adjust the level of teasing, smoothness and placement until you're happy with the results.
PICT0014.jpg

9.jpg

good luck! hopefully gianna will come up with some better photos!

ilzabet: I feel so stupid. I've been reading the posts about your pictures and I couldn't figure out what the heck everyone was talking about. I emailed this thread link to myself and check it on my BlackBerry and saw the great pictures you posted.

Thank you so much! I guess my work computer doesn't show the pictures unless they are attachments. Again I thank you. I'm going to try this as soon as I get home from work. (I may even sneak off and try it in the restroom a little later).

^^^not a dumb question at all. photo attached

esufik: argh! my work computer used to do that too....even with work related photos! filters are so annoying. i hope it goes well! i looooove the beautiful dog in your avatar btw!

Attachments

• texasbeautysupplycom_1906_15865143.jpg
    texasbeautysupplycom_1906_15865143.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 28