Hair Disaster

I have a lot of trouble with my hair!! It seems like everything that I use just makes it worse!

My hair is very thick and hard to control frizz and keeping it looking soft and shiny is such a struggle!

Any suggestions on products that could help tame my hair and make it look more healthy and vibrant?

My current routine: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo I alternate it with a clarifying shampoo, Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm for conditioner, Small amount of Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade OR Garnier sleek & Shine serum-whichever I'm in the mood for, on towel dried hair.

Have you thought of buying a heat cap from the beauty supply store and a great conditioner to go with it? My friend has very dry and frizzy hair and it is long. She uses a heat cap once a week since we were in high school 20+ years ago and her hair looks beautiful. She swears by the heat cap.

you can try the Japanese Straight Perm, it'll stay permanent until new hair grows out. However you must find a good hair dresser with experience to do this and the down side is, it is kind of expensive.

DON'T BRUSH YOUR HAIR.

I know that sounds weird, but I have the same kind of hair except curly. Frizzy hair is better off either very long [its weight holds it down] or very short [very easy to manipulate with gels and such], a decision to be made based on your features and such.

- keep it trimmed regularly and have it done dry so you, or whoever does your hair, can see what it wants to do.

- don't be fooled and use too much product. all you might need in the winter is some serum and in the summer, some gel*

- avoid heat styling. if you can get the same effect by wet/damp-setting your hair as opposed to using a flat iron** or curlers, get used to that little bit of inconvenience and your hair will prosper.

- you can brush it to get it into the set, but once you take it out, don't do anything more than shake your head a little and arrange it with your fingers without raking them through all the way. Separating the hair from it's style by brushing seems to "confuse" it and it doesn't want to go back.

* I have very long hair [waist length] and I wear it "beachy" so I can tolerate humidity without having to wear braids or bun all summer. I put in gel while it's wet, let it dry, then set it all night. All I have to do when I get up is shake my head and spray some gel on it.

** I can indeed set my hair at night so it will be straight in the morning...It may look silly, but it works once you get a feel for it. Pull your hair back into a ponytail [not too tight], slick back any problem spots on the side, put an elastic every 2 inches or so until the end. Sleep in it and remove the elastics in the morning. If it's still not straight enough, all you may need to do is go briefly over it with a flat iron.

PursePrincess-
I swear by Kiehls w/Silk Groom-I've used it for 15 years-I have fluffy, frizzy blonde hair-it brings it closer to Jessica Simpson. I mix it with a few drops of serum.
:smile:

Also, the heat cap suggested above is a great idea.

I have very curly hair and I have enough for 3 people.

When I wear it curly which is like once a week, I get out of the shower and brush my hair to the part I want it to be. I put in my V05 curl mousse , srunch it up to tame my curls. I put a quarter size amount of gel in my hands and work it into my hair . I also then spray it with hairspray. I LOVE the way it makes it feel and look.

Now for the most part I wear it straight I use Matrix Sleek and Smooth shampoo and conditioner. Biolage hairstraightening serum, oil free, then blow dry my hair . Then the only iron that will straighten my hair is Chi. I use the matrix heat solution spray and go over my hair in sections with my flatening iron. Once complete to tame my small hairs and to keep the ends from flipping I use matrix wax stuff.

I know you can go to whereever they sell Matrix and get the Step 1,2,3,4 of sleek and smooth. Its in and orange bottle and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Im serious I used to get called afro puff in school but now I get only compliments on my hair :smile: