Hair Disaster---I should SUE for damages!

I had an experience like that almost two years ago only mine was with color. I had darker brown hair at the time and I wanted to put highlights and lowlights in to make it more summery and fun. My hair was down to the middle of my back and layered. When i left the salon the first time I had bleach blond roots and orange tips. she said how cute it looked. Gah So the next day when I woke up I hated it cause it was wrong and not what i wanted. Her solution was to sew in hair extentions that matched the top and would help mask the bottom. Ok i am game. She SEWED them in with dark brown thread. and she put them in to tight. So the next day I go back she says she's gonna put a little bleach on it and try to double process it. I ask her if that is a good idea. She says it will be fine. I assume she is gonna put 20 volume bleach on it. NOPE she put 40 on and stuck me under the dryer left the salon for an hour and a half. I finally got out from under the dryer myself and sat at the shampoo bowl until someone shampooed me. when she started to style my hair. It broke off in giant chunks... Her solution was to treat it nice and condition it well and it would be ok. I was so furious my mother wrote her the check and we left. As I was walking from the salon to the car... just down the street hair was still just falling out of my head. my mother to me to her stylist (a super sweet old guy who does mostly blue haired old ladies) and he tried to fixes it as best he could. anyway when it was all said and done... I went from long pretty hair to hair that was about 5 inches the longest and lots of places were broken off pretty close to the root... It has taken almost two years and a few set of extensions for this to be fixed... I don't have any extentions now cause i cannot afford them but my hair still isn't as long as it was.... I hope everything works out for you. I was in tears almost everyday for two months while waiting for the roots to grow out so i could get the extensions. So don't beat yourself up for feeling bad about your hair. It very important to us girls.

:wtf: What a nightmare!! I hope you've recovered...

Crystalina .... I hate this happened to you. I would definitely call my old stylist if I were you. Hugs.

:hugs:Hugs for you!! I know how bad you feel....I have sooooo been there. I started a thread not to long ago about hair horror stories...if you look it up you can read what happened to me. I have the same type of hair....its fine, but I have a lot of it. Most of the time stylist think they are dealing with thin hair, and they don't know what they are in for until the really get into it!! I would make the drive back to your old salon...I bet it would help to make you feel better:flowers: