Hair Color Help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi. I'm new here and New To hair coloring. I used Loreal Preference 6 1/2G Lightest Golden Brown. My hair naturally is dark brown with a reddish tint, so it turned a lighter reddish brown and I liked it. But Now I want to go a bit lighter and I'm not sure which color to get. I've gone to a few beauty stores in my area and they seem to be pretty clueless. Any suggestions?

I want to go from this:
    [​IMG]

To This:
    [​IMG]

2. Color does not lift color. Unless you lighten it by bleaching it (highlights or a bleach wash) or strip the color out! :yes:

3. I think the only way you will get the results you want is to go to a professional colorist who knows what they are doing. You have beautiful hair and it would be a shame to mess it up. I have done far to many bad color jobs on my hair in the past that I now only let a professional do my hair.

4. Definitely go to a professional who has experience working with African hair. You will probably have to strip some of the pigment from your hair so it goes lighter. I don't think it will have to be bleached dramatically, but it will have to be bleached a bit. And since red pigment is what is naturally present under dark hair, you may have to get a toner put in or some colour to make it brown.