Hair - clip in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2006
I'm starting to lose it a little just thinking about this stuff... Basically my hair isn't growing so I need to get hair extensions. I hate my hair at the length it's at right now and I don't want to cut it all off (again).

After researching a lot of people in my city I had decided to go with fusion extensions. I've had a weave before and I don't want to go that route again. I found someone who is licensed and has Remy hair and I felt comfortable with her. I was supposed to meet with her today to pick out the colour and order the hair but I ended up rescheduling because I'm confused.

I went to my hairdresser today for my regular cut/colour and she sugested clip in extensions. She said she has seen a lot of clients who have had really bad experiences with different kind of extensions and doesn't want to see that happening to me.

So basically what I'm asking is for some opinions on clip in vs semi-permanent (fusion). I want something natural looking, that is my #1 goal.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

I would go for clip-on, this way you will always have them, you can choose if you want to wear them or not day-to-day, you don't have to worry about washing them and styling them since you can have it just permanently curly or straight. Just seems more versatile to me, although I've never had any type of fake hair except those scrunchies with hair around them. I think the best is just to wear your own hair no matter what length it is since extensions (even the best) can still look fake or not match, but to each their own.

my girlfriend had clip in ones, and she really liked them. how thick is your hair? i think that makes a difference - she said if someone's hair is too thin then the clip in ones don't really work as well . . .

i've never had anything like that done myself tho, this is only secondhand experience being my friend's "hair checker" - as in "piggy, can u check my hair once in a while to make sure it's still looking ok?" (^(oo)^)v

I have clip ins that I used for my friend's wedding since I wanted long hair with curls. You really couldn't tell the difference but the hair was also an exact match to my natural color. I'd suggest getting real hair though, not synthetic, that way you can dye it or use styling products if needed. If your hair is naturally really thin it can be tough to hide the brackets but other than that, I don't know of any downsides. I'd also suggest buying the longest extensions available and you can cut the hair to blend it in (unless your hair is really short to begin with)

I'm using clip-ins for my wedding that I got at Sally Beauty Supply. My hairdresser recommended them since they are 1) less expensive and 2) WAY less damaging than regular extensions. I went in and he cut them for me and they look FANTASTIC! You would never know it wasn't my real hair!!

Status
Not open for further replies.