Hair accessories for Asian hair

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hello! What hair bands, clips, etc. work best with Asian hair. I have very straight smooth hair that does not like to stay up. Or what hair products would help me so I can actually style my hair? Right now all I do is blow dry it and keep it down.

2. No accesories...every other non-Asian woman and their mom wants your silky straight hair, so wear it proudly! :smile: I personally like to use my T3 Tourmaline straightening iron to give it that extra "super silky shiny" kick in under 2 minutes (sephora link). It's truly amazing and your hair would give a supermodel's hair a run for its money. I get so many compliments! (except from Asian people who don't compliment, but rather ask, "How much was that Magic Perm?" *rolls eyes*)

I like to keep my hair up for work, but I usually leave it down any other time. Honestly, it's difficult to accessories silky, slippery, straight hair. Better to just go with mother nature than to fight her. :smile:

If you must curl or style, I recommend using Dove hairspray. It smells great and leaves hair soft. That being said, I don't have a lot of product experience...I just use my flat iron.

3. you should be proud of your silky slippery straight hair! I'm asian and i was "blessed" with frizzy wavy hair. i've done magic several times to get straight hair, but it just messed it up. i think asian hair is the prettiest when it's just left down. but if you want a change, how about a cut? shaggy layers will give more interest. or a digital perm so you can see what it's like to have curly hair for awhile.

4. Oh no! Sorry to give you the wrong impression! I really do love my hair. I was just wondering how else I can style it instead of leaving it down all the time. Pony tails and such don't seem to hold and always looks messy on me. I need a professional look for work so that is what I was really asking. I guess I wasn't really referring to "accessories!" Sorry about that!

5. I'd like to know too. My hair is super long but I can't bear to cut it short. I work in a corporate environment and aside from putting it in a ponytail (and bun just falls out), what's a quick and easy accessory to wear?

6. The Goody "stay put" elastics for working out are a must! Also, consider spraying your hair lightly with sticky hairspray (non-aerosol is better) then putting up in a clip. Hope this helps!! : )

7. It's hard. My hair is very long and straight. All the clips slide down eventually. Pins and hair spray is your best friend in that case. I don't use hair spray at all but I do use pins occassionally to help hold my hair up or in place.

8. well im asian as well, and i dont like putting my hair in ponytales. but recently, i found an AMAZING hair clip at walmart, and i dont know how i lived without it. Im sorry that i dont have a picture, but i could describe it if it helps. well it is basically a claw clip, but the shape is a circle. it has claws all around its circular shape. i think mine is from GOODY and it cost not even 4 bucks. it is really great. i twist my hair in a chinese bun and put the clip over it, and it literally stays for hours. you could go swimming or jump off a cliff, and it wouldnt come out. it looks really classic and so much more professional then a ponytail. i usally let my bangs fall down and wear it loose. this takes like 2 minutes, and im out the door. it looks professional and put together. i have pretty long hair, and all my hair fits in the clip comfortably. you all shouuld really try itt. and ive had it for a coouple months now, and i wear it almsot every day. ive dropped it and it never breaks. also, it lasts so long and i bet mine will go for a year.

ps. if u wrap ur hair in a chinese bun and use the claw clip over night with wet hair, in the morning ur hair has a great natural wave to it!

hope i helped :]

9. I usually purchase a nice, small hair clip from Target or Ross and pull up my hair half up. I have straight, long hair too and it works for me during those bad hair days. I think Nordstrom has pretty beaded hair clips, but pricey.

10. I love my asian straight hair ;p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice