Hailey questions - corners flopping

maxsmom

Jun 12, 2006
Do the corners of your Hailey flop around, making it hard to get inside the bag? I'm sure it's probably just due to the weight of the hardware but I thought I would check to make sure it's not just mine.

I'm quite sure you're not the first to mention this problem!!! I remember reading about atleast one other member who had significant enough issues that she was considering returning/exchanging hers.

See what other Hailey owners say...maybe they have been waxing thier zippers to aid them with this problem???

I don't think that she's talking about the zipper sticking.... the corners fold in sort of from the weight of the rings when it's not on your shoulder...

I just got my Hailey about a week and a half ago. Yes, the floppiness is normal, from what I understand. I agree that it's the hardware that weighs the corners down when rummaging through her. It's not enough for me to exchange her, though. There is so much room and I just love her!! If you're having a hard time closing her, that's also an issue with this style that people talk about. I have a way of doing it that works for me. I lift her on the starting side of the zipper, then lift the opposite side to close her the rest of the way. Works every time! The minor issues I have with the bag are ones I'm willing to deal with.:smile:

Yep. same thing here with my Ocelot. It's a deal breaker for me getting another Hailey I think. I actually find Hailey is the floppiest of all my purses. I like more structure to a bag (Carly and Zoe were perfect), I wish Coach would do more structured shoulder bags. Even the Kristin Hobo is kind of a pain in that regard - but I love it so I'll put up with it.

I don't think that she's talking about the zipper sticking.... the corners fold in sort of from the weight of the rings when it's not on your shoulder...

yup yup
the haileys when sitting on table displays..the corners flop down :/ horrible to keep up versus the haileys on the body forms, using long strap