Hailey or Maggie?

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Yesterday I saw a black with gold hailey at work... started up conversation with the lady just becasue I wanted to check out her bag... LOL

Anywhooooo I sold my bronze bag so I need a shoulder bag that is brown. I have been toying with the brown maggie, but like the hailey too.

Any suggestions, or pic's with both bags loaded to see what they carry. Either bag has to be in signature fab as the leather is too heavy for me, and i'm not really a fan of brown leather unless its DARK.. plus i'm on a major budget.

thanks inadvance.

No pics but I just got the metallic hailey in silver and I vote hailey! I love how light it feels to me and the room it has is unbelievable. I remember seeing a thread of mod pics but don't recall any with the "guts" shot. If I pull mine out for use this week I will take some pics and post!

I was going to buy the cherry hailey, but ended up with another purse. There is a Cherry Hailey thread here. The maggies are not comfy for me so my vote is for the Hailey:biggrin:

Well I want to coach .. no hailey's at my store. I did try on some maggies and just not feeling them. I think I like the verison with the chains...

Also i'm not sure about the 3 sections .. I almost think i like the big dark hole and just using cosmetic pouches, wristlets to keep things organized.

Well I want to coach .. no hailey's at my store. I did try on some maggies and just not feeling them. I think I like the verison with the chains...

Also i'm not sure about the 3 sections .. I almost think i like the big dark hole and just using cosmetic pouches, wristlets to keep things organized.

This is exactly how I am. Agreed I like the one space, I use the inner pockets for organization (my allergy meds, tylenol, female products in the zipper pouch and lotion, work name tags, and floss in the open areas) and have my wallet, 2 mini skinnis, a checkbook, keys (1 set for work, other set for home), small bottle of VS body spray, bottle of tanning lotion and goggles in there.

This is exactly how I am. Agreed I like the one space, I use the inner pockets for organization (my allergy meds, tylenol, female products in the zipper pouch and lotion, work name tags, and floss in the open areas) and have my wallet, 2 mini skinnis, a checkbook, keys (1 set for work, other set for home), small bottle of VS body spray, bottle of tanning lotion and goggles in there.

I guess you get used to it, having the 3 sections.. but flipping through my purse to find stuff... ARGH!!
I mean I guess it makes sense to keep your wallet, cell and keys in the center zip, papers,flat stuff in one side and makeup bag(wristlet) in the other ..
but it just doesnt seem to hold that.. where are the open hold there is still more room to hold a light sweater or bottle of water... Kwim?

Odd man out, here. I prefer Maggie. I find mine to be super comfortable and not heavy at all, and I am usually the first to complain about weight.

I'm just not a fan of the handle/long strap combo. And Maggie is not as deep, which I like. I admit, though, that I'm not a big fan of the triple compartment, but then Hailey has no outside type of pocket. I don't carry a water bottle or usually anything big that I need one large space for, so I just put my wallet in the center zip, my keys and glasses in the outside section, and then any odds or ends in the inside section.

Ok, so I once upon a time had a Maggie. Hate her with a passion! The 3 compartments drove me nuts and the straps would never stay on my shoulder. Not to mention she was heavy too! So that bag got passed on to my niece. Anyway, I have recently discovered Hailey and I love her! But I have noticed that our local Coach stores do not carry the Hailey in the store. You have to order her. My DH just ordered me the gunmetal Hailey and she is gorgeous! She has to be wrapped and put under the Christmas tree...So I would suggest Hailey! Warning!!! She is addictive! You can't have just one!

Regarding the weight of each, I had actually weighed my Maggie when I brought it home. It weighed something like 1 1/2 pounds, IIRC. But according to CS, both bags weigh the same, approximately 2 pounds.