Hailey Advise + Plum vs Black Violet

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
Hello ladies. :smile: There's not much of interest for me in the newer stuff so I've been looking to the past for something new. I've taken an interest in the Hailey hobo and I've got two questions.

I've noticed that the handle doesn't look like it folds flat against the bag. Does it get in the way when using it crossbody or on the shoulder?

And the plum color, is it a muted or neutral purple (like BV) or a bright in your face purple? Some photos make it look like the perfect shade and then another has it looking like a shade of UV.

Thank you on advance for any info you might have.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
You are talking about the Madison Hailey from 2009, right? I don't have the purple but I remember it being fairly dark, not in your face like ultraviolet, but not as neutral as BV. I don't usually use the long strap with mine since the small strap fits perfectly on the shoulder, but when you wear it that way, the small handle forms a U-shape about an inch away from the top of the bag. It doesn't bother me - I think it looks good that way and I can reach the zipper with no problem but I could see how the handle might annoy you by being so close to the zipper.

Now that I've tried it on with the long strap, I think I might start wearing it that way. I like the way it slouches perfectly with the long strap.

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
You are talking about the Madison Hailey from 2009, right? I don't have the purple but I remember it being fairly dark, not in your face like ultraviolet, but not as neutral as BV. I don't usually use the long strap with mine since the small strap fits perfectly on the shoulder, but when you wear it that way, the small handle forms a U-shape about an inch away from the top of the bag. It doesn't bother me - I think it looks good that way and I can reach the zipper with no problem but I could see how the handle might annoy you by being so close to the zipper.

Now that I've tried it on with the long strap, I think I might start wearing it that way. I like the way it slouches perfectly with the long strap.
Yes, that's the one. Thanks for the answer. :smile: I think I'll give one a try.