Had my acrylic nails removed today...

Oh Donna!

Sep 8, 2006
and I am sooo happy I finally did it. I will never, never, never get acrylics again. Now my nails are thin and need to grow out and I bought pretty much the entire T.I.P.S. line from QVC for it (wonderful stuff in those little bottles) to help make them better.

anyone else happy they removed theirs?

I removed mine last year, after wearing them for 14 years. At first, my nails were so sore. I couldn't even put my hand in my pocket. Now, I just go for the au nautrel look.

I hate fake nails. Not only don't they look nice, you can get fungus and all other gross things under your nailbeds. I have always thought they were tacky. I grew up in NJ and amazed how many people had Carmella Soprano nails still when I went to visit recently. You should get Nailtiques to strengthen your nails. Try to go a month without getting a professional manicure. I bet your nails look great then.

acrylic damaged my natural nails, since then i just grow them out naturally and i'm very pleased with how they look...saves me money whenever i get a manicure.

I've had gel nails for the last few years and took them off last week. I am trying to grow out my nails but they are so thin. I won't last another week until I put them back on.

I've been thinking of doing the same. I've had mine about 4 years. It's been over 3 weeks since I've had a fill so I'm thinking of just keep on letting them grow out. Its a french so they don't look too bad unless close up. I'm just tired of going every 2 weeks.

I took mine off myself a few weeks ago. My nails look like crap and are really short but I had them on for maybe a year and I was just tired of them. I am thinking I might go get a new set put on before too long though, my hands look horrible. I was just having problems with the skin on my hands being dry and having to glob tons of lotion on it was messing my nails up.

I have had mine off and on so many times its not funny, but no matter what I use to strengthen my nails I can't get them to stop splitting and breaking. I don't wear them long and I only do french manicure but my natural nails just don't have any strength to them.

I removed mine after 7 years....took almost 2 yrs to grow back healthy.....will never do it again...although I miss my polish staying on for 2 weeks without chipping!!

My nails are really sore tonight...ugh! My daughter had her acrylics removed about a year ago and they look normal now. But she had to do some serious damage control on them for months. It hurts just to type....

i had mine for about 3 years,.. and it took that lon for them to recover.. i stilll dont think they have.they are thin rip easily.. i have to keep getting manicures to maintain them..which reminds me i need another one...

I had the same problem... twice :shame: I tried once and I felt pain whenever the did the refill, so I got them removed (more painful) and my nails where so thin that it looked like I had no nails :Push:
After a couple of years (and a couple of colleagues which insisted that acrilic nails were great) I gave it a try again, and was fed up after 4 or 5 months and, again, my natural nails were thin like a paper... now I need to take good care of them because they break easily :sad: but at least, are my own nails and a good manicure always help to make them look great!! :yes: